Axis Turn/ Allied Turn

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Griffey

Saves Time

Post by Griffey » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:14 pm

It's a good idea to have all Axis and all Allies move simultaneously. Saves much time.

The only good reason to have powers move on separate turns would be if they could switch allegiance.

To save more time, make the Calendar Turn:

1. All Powers collect IPC income and secretly record IPC spending on units, wonder weapons, and any other purpose. IPC not spent are wasted. Note how much your enemy has collected.

2. Axis Turn.

3. Allied Turn.

4. All Powers place units purchased in 1) above on the map. If enemy strategic attacks have destroyed IPC this turn, you lose units or wonder weapon roles at least of equal value to the destroyed IPC.

5. Check for Victory.

6. Advance Calendar. Winter Weather in USSR, Monolia, Manchuria, and adjacent sea zones. Summer Monsoon in India, Burma, Indochina, East Indies, and adjacent sea zones.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:38 pm

I like how you seperate the builds and placement with the actual turns. I have to playtest this to see how it changes play if at all. Larry has stated that he wants no Terrain or weather rules as such, maybe we can get them in the optional rules section. keep up your work, i like your ideas!

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:13 pm

We have (me and some friends) playtested this Axis turn/Allied turn both on Revised and Europe, with the new sub "on station" rule.
Total Success. We love it. (the sub must cost 6 ipc, or else it wont balance, then the cost of sunken subs will be far more than UK/US ipc-loss)

adlertag

Re: Axis Turn/ Allied Turn

Post by adlertag » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:47 pm

larry wrote:Axis Turn/ Allied Turn: All the countries of a given alliance are all doing the same things simultaneously. That means Russia, America, and the UK would be purchasing, moving and fighting, all at the same time. This is then followed by the Axis players
OK, we love this. It sure speeds play up.

Just one question.
Revised:
From LHTR, if Sovjet Amphibious Assault Norway with its fleet, and at the same time Land Attack with an army from Finland, then NO attacking units may retreat.

Advanced: Allied Turn:
UK Amphibious Assault Norway with its North Sea Fleet.
At the same time Sovjet Land Attack Norway with its Army from Finland.

FAQ:
Of course the UK units mat NOT retreat.
But what about the Sovjet units, may they retreat ?

Just take your time Larry, 4th april is far down the road.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:40 pm

If that happens Uk is stuck, while Soviet (not Sovjet) can retreat. Nice way to fit Norway into another post!!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.