Axis Turn/ Allied Turn

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:12 pm

d6veteran wrote:
I completely agree.

I am with Aldretag. .
Of course you are d6veteran, I always belived in you being a rational gamer.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:34 pm

OK, this is an idea for turn order I have played around with.

1.Japan

2. Sovjet and China

3.Germany and Italy

4.UK and USA

This 4 allied teams are independent from other nations.

This is Axis versus Allies versus Red Wave versus the Lonely Samurai.

Sovjet and China have turn together and may win team-victory, Germany and Italy take turn together and may win team-victory, UK and USA have turn together and may win team-victory, Japan can only win individual.

Of course their vinning conditions are different.

I hope this will satisfye my "German Wannabe" freund Imperious, that lives in LA, USA, and not in his land of dreams, GrossDeutschland.
Last edited by adlertag on Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:44 pm

What is the benifit to this over the other system? what does it add?

when we say other system we mean All axis go first, followed by all Allies, with some switching going on depending on if one side has maintained initiative.

Initiative= having a highter net gain in total IP on the previous turn allows your teams side to play first.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:57 pm

Imperious leader wrote:What is the benifit to this over the other system? what does it add?
Ach, it adds strategigal thinking, meinen freund.

When I play USA with this consept, I am no longer depended on the twistet fool that plays my Sovjet ally. Now I can keep Sovjet alive just as long as it benefit me, and then I backstabb him. Ho, ho.
I am the greate Backstabber, ho ,ho.
I need backstabbing rules, ho,ho.

Deal with this, ho,ho.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:14 pm

I cant see this.. The Soviet player can still do what he wants to do , only its on the same turn as their other allies, plus with a variable method of allowing the side with the greater gain in IP changing the "initiative" really shakes up the other side. So turn one Germany and friends go first, but on the allied turn they actually suceed in taking more territory back, resulting in a double allied move on turn 2. This puts an end to sitzkreig my friends.. no more plastic stacks waiting to do something.
The only thing you change with your system is to prolong the game. You have made no correction from the previous method of conducting turns. Your only reducing 5 turns to 4, while the new method reduces it from 5 to 2.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

dezrtfish

Post by dezrtfish » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:11 pm

adlertag wrote: 1. Sovjet and China

2.Germany and Italy

3.UK and USA

4.Japan
I like this, it makes sense. The US and UK operated together more often than not, and the Germans should be able to Coordinate with the Italians. China doesn't mater to me they can go with the US. The soviets and UK/US should be harder to coordinate though.

I think this turn order accomplishes that.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:22 pm

Adlertag – interesting turn order proposal (lots of thought behind that – thanks)

tactics

Japan LAST??

Post by tactics » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:32 pm

Adlertag,
A lot of what you say makes sense exept for putting Japan last. NO WAY. How can you justify the US going before Japan?? Not only did Pearl Harbor happen, but they were the last "big" nation to enter the European theater also, yet Japan is last? No, Japan struck first for Pearl Harbor and Midway Pacific battles.

If USA is put before Japan, then I ask that Pearl Harbor already happened and the US has limited starting capabilities in the Pacific. Having Japan follow the US is also a mistake because of starting incomes, USA(obviously) is going to start out with a lot more IPC's than japan, the idea of this game is to balance it, therefore, Japan goes before USA. Just my two cents.