Transports

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:01 pm

i think adlertags comments on sub and destroys argues a good case for cost...i was thinking more of the lines of a 6 ipc sub and 8 destroyer...my thought on this was to finally give countries a chance to invest in some form of navy as an option to always buying land units...

perhaps each country has its own price scale, i like that, i dont think its that radical or that adults wouldnt be able to adjust to the change...

only other thing i could think of is to include, and this is a stretch, a PT type of ship, we used them as a 1/1/3 cost 4 ipc, this unit could occupy undefended islands...it made for some really interesting games...

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:20 pm

Comments noted
6 for subs 8 for a DD - interesting.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:07 am

[quote="Imperious leader"]transports:

Naval Evacuations
Attacking ground units in amphibious assaults may evacuate and retreat to their transports; however, each armor and artillery unit must first be converted to an infantry unit. Defending ground units may also retreat onto friendly transports in adjacent sea zones. Again, each armor and artillery unit must be converted to an infantry unit. In both cases, the evacuating transports may not move, but if possible, they may each transport up to three infantry units to an adjacent friendly territory. Ground units in excess of transport capacity may not retreat.

quote]

Strange that you came up with exactly the same idea that I posted on AH months ago. Well done!

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:22 am

Comments noted
Not crazy about them but nonetheless "noted"...

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:46 pm

Larry -
making it an "official" rule that Transport can no longer be used as "fodder" is the best rule you could have.

Skypilot -
It was ridiculous to have 7 trn killed before a BB was hit.
I agree completely!!

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:50 pm

i like that change too!! in conjuction with the 6 ipc sub and 8 destoyer, perhaps now the cruiser at 12...

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:15 pm

Comments noted

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:06 pm

If subs cost 6, destroyers cost 8 and trannies cost 10, then nobody use trannies as fader without a good reason.