Aircraft Carriers and Battleships

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:26 pm

Comments noted

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:35 pm

Imperious leader wrote:when a BB , CV or CA is hit following combat you roll on the spot so when you do infact repair the ship you allready know what it will cost. problem solved (1 d10)
Except for record-keeping.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:41 pm

ok fine then you just write down the number on your nations log sheet, while keeping the ship on its side. if two ships are on their side then you place a token under the ship so you know which is which.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:20 pm

Comments noted
Don't get lost in the details at this point. Just get...
//////

The Old Soldier

Post by The Old Soldier » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:47 am

I prefer a much more simple solution.

A ship is repaired at a port. A repair takes place in the non combat move phase. Remove the hit at no cost, but said ship can't move in the same non combat phase that it was repaired. (this keeps ships from moving then being repaired in the same turn and or getting repaired and then moving in the same turn)

Sean

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:59 pm

A damaged ship has the "pay the toll "as they say. Some cost should be assigned to any damaged ship
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

The Old Soldier

Post by The Old Soldier » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:47 pm

I'm not sure a cost is necessary. If you must assign a cost the half the value of the BB or ACC. But, Just the time used in moving the ship to port, waiting till next turn to repair will slow down operations. If you wish to take it a step further then give the ship a 1 movement till repaired. That will bogg down a players trying to get his main ships operational.

Another suggestion is that a port may only repair ONE main ship per turn.

I would prefer the above to paying more IPC, since due to some of the other suggestions by Larry, it could be possible that the player may have less IPC to begin with.

Sean

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:10 pm

i think a move penalty would be enough, if your going into repair at a port, then you must stay there until the next non-combat move...