Aggression Rewarded

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
elbowmaster

Aggression Rewarded

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:13 pm

comments about Aggression Rewarded...
larry wrote:Aggression Rewarded: When adjusting the attack and defense factors, based on 12 sided dice, the attack side of the profile will be slightly increased for all units. For example – Infantry now has a 1/2/1 On the 12 sided die, and considering that each nation will have its own A/D/M numbers, it may look like 3/4/1. Notice that the attack effectiveness has gone up more than the defense number. This is designed to encourage players to play more aggressively and attack more often. It should discourage stacking as well.
Last edited by elbowmaster on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:29 am

I would think that instead it would be better if they got monetary or rescource rewards from attacking...
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:48 pm

This idea i really like..................rewards for Aggression!
"Me likey ALOT!"
Crush those who hide behind defensive die rolls!!!

This set of rules will shake most of my groups playing styles all to pieces and benefit mine 100% 8) !

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:03 pm

Commnets noted. Players are indirectly rewarded (monetary) by captureing more IPC rich territories.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:00 pm

I mean rescources( if you are adding them)
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:10 pm

Id just like to give modifiers to attacking based on say + 1 for each infantry unit with a matching artillery unit, perhaps 2 infantry go up +1 for each armor unit, and 3 infantry go up +1 for each plane ? . Only + 1 maximum modification unless you have a general present.

each nation gets one leader that adds his leader ship value of +1 to the number of units that are in combat with it. So a leader ship value of 8 will give 8 units a plus +1 on one chosen combat .Japan and USA can use this factor in the sea .
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:50 pm

comments noted

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:55 am

I've suggested that every time a nation captures a territory with an IPC value its gets to place a free infantry there, to refelect the recruitment of local sympathisers. This is perhaps a little too powerful, but would not be entirely unrealistic on the eastern front or, for example, for the Allies liberating western Europe. (Which is already an NA).
In the end I settled for an "idealogical war" rule on the eastern front whereby:
Every time Germany or USSR captures a Soviet or former Soviet territory from each other they may place one free infantry in the territory.