Victory Cities

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
elbowmaster

Victory Cities

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:14 pm

comments about Victory Cities...
larry wrote:Victory Cities: These cities will be reexamined and possibly increased in number. The idea is to open up the number of possibilities and make for a truly global struggle. Location of resources will play a deciding role in determining which territories become “Victory Cities” I might change the name to Victory Objectives rather than Cities. How does 20 such locations sound?
Last edited by elbowmaster on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:00 pm

One thought... have you ever thought of making cities seperate from Territorires (like AaA Europe)? That would allow for such scenarios as Stalingrad and Port Moresby(Battle of Coral Sea)... That could also differentiate more prescise Factory Zones and not add too much Complexity...

Just a thought...

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:01 pm

More Victory Objectives is good. This is a concept that was not carried far enough in AAR.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:15 pm

Comments noted
Guerrilla - Separate VC’s called out on the map. Interesting idea.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:45 pm

The number of VC should reflect the idea that to win the game for example Japan will not have to take Moscow or Africa to win ,but the territories that would be included if japan had reached the desired greater east asia prosperity sphere. This would include austrialia, India, all the pacific islands , Alaska, China, and south east asia. So the number of objective cities would be spread amounst these territories. Remember hopefully their will be no Japan - Russia conflict, so that way their will be a pacwar in the pacific.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:52 pm

Comments noted
Il - yes, I agree. Should be careful here. We still want this to look and feel WWII. The unconditional Surrender policy also should be present.

Orillian

Post by Orillian » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:27 am

how far do you want to take the idea of country specific victory options.

You could give each country more historical Victory conditions. The desired greater east asia prosperity sphere as IL states would be a great way to push japan into the pacific. you might not want to make the boundries of the victory conditions to stringent so as to give each player a bit of room to flex. But I think it would go a long way towards creating a more WWII feel to the game. maybe make the primary game a WWII scenario based VC game. just a thought.

O.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:54 am

Actually the winning objectives are easy. Germany pursues its livingspace policy and Japan its Greater East Asia prosperity sphere objectives. The Axis get points for capturing certain indicated VC’s The Allies must not only stop this from happening but also defeat and capture Germany and Japan.