How this game might look

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Lobo

Post by Lobo » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:26 am

Keep the split where it is. As IL said, central USA sees the least action of anyplace and therfore is the best place for the break.

I don't have any strong feelings about the material used for the board. My only concern about felt backed material is that quality control will be critical to achieving an attractive board and preventing it from looking like a rag.

Love Elbow's idea about the 1939 map on the back.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:31 am

We'll stay with the split - USA

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:38 am

funny... 8)

Orillian

Post by Orillian » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:59 am

what about making the maps with the same type of material as the thin mouse pads. the graphic is sandwiched between the foam backing and the hard durable top coat.

I've been looking for a company that will do this for the maps I've worked on.

O.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:26 pm

I agree with Larry.
Bigger is not always better.
Revised is 19 x 30.
Maybe 25 x 40 is a good option, not too big.

The most importent about the map is the colours. Not too dark and black, as revised, and not too bland, as MB 2 ed.
Maybe something like A&A Europe map, or Pacific map ?

The consensus seem to be, water must look like water, and land must look like land, maybe with the mountain structure and rivers from MB 2 ed, just in a darker tone ?

The battleboard should look like the one from MB 2 ed., green colour for attacker and tan for defender. The battleboard from Revised are a bit confusing, with attack factor 1 opposit to defence factor 4 etc, and with much art in red and black.

We must keep the split-USA.
When playing other games, like "Attack", with a split in the Pacific, you quickly realize how creative Larry was when he made the USA-split.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:45 pm

Comments noted
Adlertag – totally agree with you. I especially agree with you statement “…you quickly realize how creative Larry was when he made the USA-split.”

8)

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:31 pm

:idea: ive considered splitting the game at india at one point when making a combined axis & allies game...making india two territories...but thats just me...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:32 pm

go ahead adlertag, go ahead and throw this in the horrible idea bucket, one closer to a good idea i guess ;)