My advanced map design

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:11 pm

Well you can count on my support. Just make the ocean zones all simular in shape so the patern is consistent across the oceans, so their are no shortcuts on the map.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:24 pm

yeah i like the concept as well, excellent job...id do the boarders differently...some point when i get a blank copy i will be able to show you my ideas...

dont feel bad, larry doesnt say too much about map design other than he likes it or good job...

very rare to get advise from larry about maps...

im working on getting feedback about his experience in map design... 8)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:41 pm

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorsem ... ds2004.JPG
now this is what i was wondering about but nobody answered. Its a picture of a board that was made for axis and allies out of metal 120% larger than the original board. Where can we buy this board? or even the t shirts? this is all gencon stuff.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:12 pm

Defiance - Wrong… I have looked at your map. What I have not done is comment. When I happened onto it I kind of lost my breath. OMG – That is not only beautiful but very utilitarian. It serves as a great example for future maps. The alternative map is the no terrain flat color but I think I like your direction more.

I think Europe (especially Holland) needs to be bigger. This of course distorts the map but its Europe where so much of the game pieces are positioned. Europe probably needs to be much larger. Germany should be 8cm wide

Thank you Defiance. Great job.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:03 am

its totally ok imo to distort those areas, make the areas of importance larger, and less smaller, ie south america, africa (large space, little action)...digitally you can do that!! does two things, lessens the cost and the space needed for your axis & allies version...pretty slick ;) keep everyone posted!!

aloha!!

Defiance

Post by Defiance » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:36 am

Hi Larry & others,

thanks for your response. I am really flattered that you like my setup. I hope it will be of some real use when you get to the point of designing your own!

I will enlarge Europe and a bit of China once I get back to business. It is quite clear to me now that that is one of the bigger things that still needs to be done. If I want to divide up Europe a bit more according to AAEurope, you can't go around it anymore.

You guys will see more results over 2 weeks of time. Too busy right now 2 continue... but stay tuned....

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:37 am

No, no - Thank you sir.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:43 am

Hi Defiance,

please :lol: please :lol: please :lol: finish the map. Some friends of mine and I need the map... please..we`re waiting, and every five hours someone of us is looking in this thread, to load the map and get ready to play.

THX