My advanced map design
I posted the picture on a sort of image provider on the web.... I hope it will stay long enough here for the limited bandwidth I got.... Maybe somebody can help me to post it somewhere on the web?????
How do the colors look now? Should I go without colors but country icons instead for each territory to designate it? Are the names I chose for the territories correct? Or should I change some territories or borders? All comments on the map are welcome.
I made up for a 3 type of industrial complexes which are fixed on the map. The small ones only produce infantry, artillery, transports and subs. Medium IC's can produce everything except for Aircraft Carriers, Battleships and Bombers (and maybe fighters, not done with that desicion yet).
Oil is also incorporated in a way Eldar described here on the board.
A few things I'd like to add / which still needs improvement / or where I have questions with:
- Making a better gameplay setup near the Norway/Finland/Karelia border. Right now forces from Norway can attack Karelia... this should be changed....
- Should I divide up the mainland Europe (Germany/France/Italy) into a few more territories?
- The Yunnan/Burma/Szechuan border still not very happy with it, will make movement between Szechuan and Burma not possible probably
- Should I add Iwo Jima? Or what more can be done to enhance the islands on the map in the sea zones?
- The sea zone between Kamchatkya and Alaska is the last sea zone, no momevent to Yukon or Northwest territories is allowed. Same goes for Komi and Yamalia, they cannot be reached by sea: Archangel and Karelia are the only territories able to reach there. The small factory is in Archangel to be able to produce subs and transports as the russian player.
In the final stages of the design I'll add Seaports and Airfields, Convoys, ICP numbers and sea zone numbers, possibly railroads, and most important of all: icons in each territory to show it's landscape (either a desert, forest, mountain, arctic or normal area)
Map Submission from Defiance
Victory city selection are as follows. Purpose of this selection is to show that the Allies 'controls' most of the world, and should be reflected with more victory cities. Axis have fewer victory cities, otherwise every territory in europe and starting point is asia will get VC's: that won't be good for gameplay. Now with a total of 27 victory cities, and axis start out with 9 of them (that's 1/3 of the total), their goal will be to capture more than 50 % in order to win the game (that means they need to get 5 more VC's in order to win a normal game). To balance things out, of course agreements can be made to raise or lower the number. Allies will need -1 less of the same amount of victory cities in addition in order to win ( thus get a total of 22 victory cities!)
- Cape Town
- Los Angeles
- Rio de Janeiro
So, I hope this inspires you guys Let me know what you think
link to mega map post -elbowmaster