Play online

I’m considering building (actually having built for me) a web site. I’d like your collective suggestions on how this should look. What it must have/ what it should avoid. I’m admittedly new to this planet and need your guidance

Would you like to be able to play A&A the board game online?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 17

TMTM

Play online

Post by TMTM » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:08 pm

I think building a website with a online board-gaming experience would be cool.. kinda like Yahoo games... the software would be on your server and you could have membership fees, tournaments etc.

Comrade Tiki

Post by Comrade Tiki » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Membership fees are what put me off from that idea, unless it remains a one-time fee (or free). Therefore I voted no.

Dunckelzahn

Post by Dunckelzahn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:59 am

Instead og membershipfees the site could earn its money on ads and a supporterfeature where you get additionel features in game by paying an anual fee (not to big). The extra features should not be anything that affects your playing abillty, but could be Statisticks, Guilds, Tournaments, Avatars, prereleases, chance to become Betatester etc.

thehero

Re: Play online

Post by thehero » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:13 am

Or mabey keep it free. But, you must have bought at least 2 Axis and Allies game and have the proved by something. e.g box serial numbers.
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. ~Voltaire, War

The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it-George Orwell

MarkVIIIMarc

Re: Play online

Post by MarkVIIIMarc » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm new so perhaps this is taboo here, but the computer player is the only difficult thing about programming an online Axis & Allies game. This is essentially the same program which was made 10(?) years ago.

I'd put up with a couple low bandwidth ads and a $.99 app fee (maybe more, shucks).

So yes, I would love it.

The money would be in a $29 box game with a $.99 a year type fee for online play. Not that I wouldn't pay the $29 for a good A&A game but I would think it would be really worth it if someone could create an AI opponent that was any good.