Building a web site.

I’m considering building (actually having built for me) a web site. I’d like your collective suggestions on how this should look. What it must have/ what it should avoid. I’m admittedly new to this planet and need your guidance
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:44 pm

Yes and i make only 25.00 net from it. Charity is the term I think they call it. Besides my stuff is based on quality and efficiency which are the necessary outcrop from perfection.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:09 pm

its amazing to me how much people dont realize what goes into making these items...& just how much time, money and effort that goes into this...

someone on another board reported he could not justify spending 100 bucks on a map, while in the mean time spent hours upon hours creating his own, taking it to kinkos for lamination, etc...when i had asked him what his time was worth, he mentioned it was irrelevant, his is labor of love... :roll:

there is however, the other end of the spectrum as well...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:11 pm

will be interesting on what larry finally decides to do with this...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:38 pm

When he took it to kinkos he paid im sure more than 100.00, So the saying goes "Cheap people pay twice"
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:31 am

I like that IP... I know we all have bought something that was cheap just to have it fall apart... and wished you spent the extra $10 or whatever to get the quality product. So then you end up buying the best product on the 2nd try.

newaxis

Post by newaxis » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:58 pm

Larry, please post the variants that don't fit into the Advanced A&A on your website, or get someone else to do it. When the time comes for Advanced A&A, I'm sure there will be plenty of house rule options that won't make the cut for space reasons. I hope that they are posted online somewhere for all players to enjoy. You might even be able to drum up some more business by posting variants for people to imagine (but that they would need the game to play of course.) Thanks.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:27 am

newaxis wrote:Larry, please post the variants that don't fit into the Advanced A&A on your website, or get someone else to do it. When the time comes for Advanced A&A, I'm sure there will be plenty of house rule options that won't make the cut for space reasons. I hope that they are posted online somewhere for all players to enjoy. You might even be able to drum up some more business by posting variants for people to imagine (but that they would need the game to play of course.) Thanks.
Or eventually make the Ultimate AaA Book? Filled with every house Rule, Variants, Alternate Official Setups from Larry, Extra pieces for New Peices and much more? PLEASE???? :roll: :)
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:10 pm

He was presented this idea about 6 months ago and we got nowhere as of yet.