Building a web site.

I’m considering building (actually having built for me) a web site. I’d like your collective suggestions on how this should look. What it must have/ what it should avoid. I’m admittedly new to this planet and need your guidance
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:08 am

Imperious leader wrote:He was presented this idea about 6 months ago and we got nowhere as of yet.
a book can wait until after the world release of larrys best game yet...

id buy one for sure, and rest assured, it will have its place on TOP of my wargaming magazine pile stationed next to the pot. 8)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:14 pm

Id think is should be a "strategy guide" to all the ideas that have been circulating for some time, plus it would have the History of the game tracing its roots from larrys "1942" game, plus some of the political battles that were fought to get these products made. Id expect a few scenarios for 1939 etc to be in the book, along with pictures of some of the inspired versions of this game from other companys.

djensen

Post by djensen » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:02 pm

Larry,

Just read this post. Send me an email per my priv message to you. We can chat and I can give you some ideas about what I'm planning with my website and some pointers about what you can do for yours.

David Jensen
Webmaster, Axis & Allies.org

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:01 pm

So whats the deal on this Larry? just talk? just thinking? Its been almost a year, get with it man!!!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:55 pm

I own www.axisandallies.us and would be glad to donate it!

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:52 pm

Thanks guys... I'm so busy. Who's got time. More importantly I don't really feel the need for it. I mean we've got this forum, no?

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:03 pm

Well then, this forum room was a lot of wasted energy ;)

Perhaps we don't need to have this thread cluttering up the forum???

But if anything, a web site is a great way to showcase the history of AA and other games you made via pictures...It would however cost some money...Perhaps that is the real deal breaker...Hmmm, I think I may have a total of 200 dollars invested in my server (which is actually my old desktop pc) that has been running for over 5 years, though I guess it helps knowing how to do it...

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

djensen

Post by djensen » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:00 pm

Plus there's always Axis and Allies.org for articles. Larry, if you ever want to publish an article about strategy or ANYTHING on Axis and Allies.org, I would gladly post it the day I receive it (unless I'm on vacation or something).

We could even put links for discussion of the articles back to these forums instead of mine. Or the articles could live here in the forums and I could simply write a news article pointing to your article. I'm all about promoting the game and aggregating content no matter where the actual content or discussion lives.