1/144 Scale Miniatures

Eldar - Our Swede in Norway suggested that we make this site. GREAT IDEA. It's like having our own library. No chat - just the facts
elbowsanchez

1/144 Scale Miniatures

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:17 pm

-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

1/144 on EBay

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:26 pm

Here is a resource for 1/144 on EBay. I picked up a few goodies, not for the faint of pocket book, but amazing detail and quality. ;)

Panzer Place

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

GROGnads

whoa!

Post by GROGnads » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:25 pm

man, you ain't lying about them 'prices'! In case you are wondering, then your "Fiendly Local Wal-Mart" has '6' various types of TANKS, with 2 being USA and 4 German of WW-2, in 1/144th 'scale' at around $2 apiece for these, and they are prepainted up and already assembled. Since I haven't as of yet gotten any, then I don't know if those are 'plastic' or 'metal' sorts. I already have massive amounts of the same 'scale' aircraft in BOTH for WW-2 and "Modern" kinds, to include a B-1, B-2, and Soviet Bombers. You can also obtain some with quite a decent selection of the "Matchbox" ones at around $1 to $2, depending on where you find those. I got plenty when they were available at our local $Dollar Tree store here, and this includes "Modern" as well as WW-2 planes. Those even included "Transports" of varying types, such as a C-47 and C-130, both of which could then become some manner of "Puff the Magic Dragon" gunships, when 'outfitted' properly that is.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

elbowsanchez

worth the price???

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:24 pm

I picked up the marching germans and some russian infantry. Well worth the 1.75 each for a custom hand painted unit. I find the quality in these that I have been long looking for. The quality I was looking for with AAM, which just didnt happen with all the mistakes they made with scale. My money has gone somewhere else where I can get what I want and in the quality that makes me feel good about the money that I spent. Quality can be done and this is proof, its too bad the QC at AH allows sub par figures to destroy the credibility of the company. Well for me anyways....

I plan on getting some of the armor as well and will post picks when I can.

ES
-The evil Bert & friend