2008 Spring Gathering VI, Cincinnati Ohio is here!

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
GSmorey

2008 Spring Gathering VI, Cincinnati Ohio is here!

Post by GSmorey » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:42 am

Greetings AA Gamers,

It is my pleasure to bring you the latest and greatest information regarding the 2008 Spring Gathering VI in Cincinnati, Ohio (SGVI). The dates have been confirmed, April 11 & 12, the Smoreyswamp is up and registration is now open. Please note a few big, BIG changes this year. The biggest of all is that we will be having scheduled events i.e. (demos, casual play and a few tournaments) that one can register for. Please note that all these events are subject to availability.

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorsem ... ering.html

The other big change is, because of last year’s huge success, we outgrew last year’s room at the CMC-Cincinnati Museum Center, and so, we have moved into a bigger more spacious room: Losantiville Café in the Main Rotunda. For those that attended last year, if you can believe this, it is easier to find than last years room and closer to the front doors.

The last big change is I am looking for volunteers to possible run events and or demos. I have included a volunteer registration form on the Swamp as well as listed below for those interested. All volunteer events will be based on your availability to run an event. All events must be submitted and approved by me before becoming an official event. There will also be limited slot available for each. All current events and times listed on the Swamp are only preliminary and subject to change. Sorry.

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorsem ... letter.pdf

I will also be posting this information on three forums: ACH, AA.org and Larry Harris’ site. If you know of another site that would benefit from this information, please feel free to include it.

I hope this information finds all of you well and if you know of anyone that might not have a computer and or limited internet access, please feel free to forward all this information along. If you have any questions, please do NOT hesitate to shoot me an e-mail.

Oh, I will be at WWLA (Wizard World) in March. Look me up...

Again, thanks for your time and consideration and look forward to hearing from you very soon!

Peace,
Gregory J. Smorey
Axis & Allies Tournament GM - GEN CON/Origins
http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorsem ... swamp.html

A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton

:D

Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:14 pm

I am originally from Ohio and if I still lived there I would come for sure.

I'm living in the Los Angeles area now. Does anyone know of any tournaments that are played on the west coast? I don't think joining a new gaming group is good for me because I would probably not be able to show up most of the time, but a tourney would be great.
Foolish mortals, I will destroy you all!!!
NOT

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Flying Tiger,

I used to live in LA and the gaming scene is not kind. Last year we had some events at GEN CON LA but it was NOT well attended and then cancelled for this year.

What part of LA are you from. As we well know, it is a fairly large place.

I will be in LA for WWLA in March. I do NOT believe there will be any AA events but if you go, maybe we can hook up and chat?

Peace,
GS 8)

Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:18 pm

From Simi valley(north of LA)

GEN CON LA was last year? 2006? 2007? I thought I heard of 2006 not 2007. Not many attended huh? Too many things to do in LA area. Jan-Feb would be best for LA since it is soo cold here during that time(high 50s to low 60s) brrrr.

Googled WWLA....so a bunch of "Magic: The gathering" going on? Not for me. My gaming is geared solely to the AA series. It's about the only thing that I'd be interested in gaming wise other than College football on my PS2.

Hopefully one day we could get something here in LA again. I did not know about Gen Con or I would have went. How many showed?
Foolish mortals, I will destroy you all!!!
NOT

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:33 pm

Tiger,

Yeah, I guess when I said last year, I meant 2006. Still trying to get used to 2008.

Not many but a few great guys showed up to play...

WWLA, I am going for the fun of it and to visit my brother who is in LA. I used to live in HB but have since moved...

Anyhow, if all you are interested in is AA, hey, check out GEN CON Indy. I know it is a trip, but worth it. More AA than you ever imagined...

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorsem ... Npics.html

Peace,
GS :D

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 pm

Flying Tiger:

come to Aero Hobbies next Saturday at 11 am we game there once a month

Always play some kind of Axis and Allies style game

The Los Angeles Wargamers (LAW)

we are playing my Civil War game with painted pieces. its basically Axis and Allies.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Well,

I guess we can say that it almost is...one week away. I know I have not frequented Larrys site as much as I would have like to recently, but for those that do and for any new players out there, check out this cool AA event set to happen next weekend!

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorsem ... ering.html

Larry, thanks for the signed games. It is extremely appreciated...!

Peace,
Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies Tournament GM - GEN CON/Origins
Last edited by GSmorey on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:22 pm

My pleasure my friend.

Thanks for another year of hard work on your part..

Best Regars