Gleemax has Axis and Allies Revised in its sights!

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
Sondrax

Post by Sondrax » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:54 am

i had about 4-5 games there, and they never came to an actual end because people left without notice at some point.. or lost their connection, or whatever...
so quite a few hours felt kinda wasted there :/

should be able to save games.. or be able to resume your game somehow anyway, in order to limit frustation over this a bit.

squirecam

Post by squirecam » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Sondrax wrote:i had about 4-5 games there, and they never came to an actual end because people left without notice at some point.. or lost their connection, or whatever...
so quite a few hours felt kinda wasted there :/

should be able to save games.. or be able to resume your game somehow anyway, in order to limit frustation over this a bit.
Staying until 10 VC is taken is unrealistic. For the Axis, that means (from starting VC), India + Karelia + Moscow + London or Washington. If the Axis have India + Moscow + karelia, the game is over. There is no need to continue.

Frankly, when the game reaches a certain point, its over. Making people stay hours after just to "complete" a game they have already lost is pretty boring. Accept the concession and move on.

Sondrax

Post by Sondrax » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:51 pm

sure, no one of these people said anything though, nor were the games im talking about anything close to be decided.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:13 pm

I am still having very good gaming there, too bad it has to go away....
-The evil Bert & friend