Gleemax has Axis and Allies Revised in its sights!

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed May 07, 2008 7:09 pm

This Revised computer version on their site is the first positive action that I have seen out them all this time.

This is the kind of support a company should give to their games all the time.

I give them a big thumbs up for this
yes i second this sentiment. For this their is hope for us. However, typically we only find out about it AFTER its up and running and thats not the kind of product marketing that i studied. You have to drive products from the front and not the back or you fail.

for some reason when it comes to fantasy games you always hear about them way before with a series of print media and articles leading up to the big send off. With AH they don't say anything until weeks after the thing is already out which is totally anticlimactic from a marketing standpoint.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun May 11, 2008 11:22 am

The lag issue seems to be resolved with the latest client that was installed on my pc yesterday, and I have had quite a few very enjoyable games at gleemax. And though I never thought I would say it, but it deserves a "great job AH" on this one. Once all the minor bugs are worked out, then this becomes a standard on what can be done with AA board games and "on line" play.

CHEERS!!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

squirecam

Post by squirecam » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Craig A Yope wrote:AH did a good job with their early work on the MB when Revised came out, but after that things slowly went to hell.

This Revised computer version on their site is the first positive action that I have seen out them all this time.

This is the kind of support a company should give to their games all the time.

I give them a big thumbs up for this! :D

Craig
Yeah, the AH forums are dead. As many predicted after the way they changed everything into one globbed mess.

I havent played AAA for months, and the Gleemax online version not at all. Can anyone tell me how they compare? Just for interest sake. I doubt I'll play anything associated with Gleemax...

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:22 pm

squirecam wrote:I havent played AAA for months, and the Gleemax online version not at all. Can anyone tell me how they compare? Just for interest sake. I doubt I'll play anything associated with Gleemax...
Just the term Gleemax makes me wonder...? Sounds kindof kinky...

Anyhow, yeah, I would be interested in hearing the same although, I serviously doubt I will be playing online...FTF is were it is at!

Peace,
GS :twisted:

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 am

I'd be the first to also add FTF will always beat online, I concur...

We need to also consider this. The 1st week of my holiday was spent gaming on-line at Gleemax where 2-3-4 games a day can be played. There are many new players to the game there, and that's a good thing. It only proves a market for this.

There are also some very good player's there and it is fun showing the Wiz folks some lessons when they game ;)

With out having to set everything up, move, wait for everyone (5 player games) to fumble to gaming, online allows a very enhanced experience which we should be open too, and support...I suggest the world wide market with a CD / DVD which bundle all Larry's games would be a good decision with a supporting online experience (gleemax, tampax, whatever) with each game. I think we could appreciate the games more, because there is more access to actually playing new people and even more so, the game.

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:18 am

Hey Elbow,

Sorry if my comment regarding playing FTF was taken the wrong way or if it was implied that playing online was a lesser way to play AA.

It was just a comment from my perspedtive, that I don't play online. Heck, i met most of the guys on this forum online and take nothing away from those that do. It is just NOT for me.

Peace,
GS :oops:

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:32 am

A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

squirecam

Post by squirecam » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:28 pm

I'd like to thank WOTC for....

well, for nothing once again.

1) Promise somthing major, followed by the inevitable
2) screwing it up; or,
3) canceling it altogether

The ONLY reason why I support this crappy company is that Greg Smorey runs events and cares about his tournament players. He's the only one though. And he's not even officially part of the company, just prize supported. And they regularly screw that up.

Thanks for nothing WOTC.