Gleemax has Axis and Allies Revised in its sights!

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:04 pm

....focus on digital initiatives for core brands Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons.
Now the chickens come to roost. Imperious has been saying for years that WOTC has no intention of supporting Avalon Hill products, because the pimply, fat losers who got jobs at WOTC are all fantasy gamers and have no care about historical gaming. They carry over their anti-social behavior to the business world and it ruins the business. They were placed in charge of AH much like an older brother stealing the trust fund of his younger sibling, sucking the financial life dry for his own self aggrandizement and interests. Hasbro should have never let WOTC in charge of this company.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Krieghund wrote:Well, it was fun while it lasted:

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Press/De ... c=20080728
What a disappointment to read this. It is really hard to support a company that does not support us. I support Larry Harris & the Axis & Allies line of games...To bad it ended up at WotC. I hope someone with the means can pick now pick up the slack and focus on this...

anyone what to buy a case of "LAND" mana cards...

Amazing to me is that this concept proved again, that on line gaming of this series will be a hit...WAKE UP MARKETING!!!
Last edited by elbowsanchez on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:54 pm

so logged in to the game room just now, and it downloads a new update...strange...
-The evil Bert & friend

squirecam

Post by squirecam » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 pm

elbowsanchez wrote: I hope someone with the means can pick now pick up the slack and focus on this...
They already have, and it preceeds Gleemax.

Its Triple A. And its a good game.

http://tripleawarclub.org/

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/FindOpponents

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:08 am

as he said we hope somebody comes up with a suitable alternative thats professional looking and looks good.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:53 am

Guys,

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence guys...I guess it was somewhat inevitable?

As for the forum portion of Glemax, I am trying to pick up some of the slack...

http://aaswampform.forumandco.com/index.htm

if you have not already visited...

Anyway, see some of you (& Larry) in two weeks...if not then, maybe in the future?

Peace,
GS :roll:

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:28 am

I have been hearing it closes September, so at least I get a fix until then...

Too bad Larry, I sure hope there are more plans for your online gaming fans, like Il put it best...

to paraphrase / monopoly, risk, most of the classics have pc online versions, Axis & Allies deserves one too.

In the time that revised was released, I maybe had 10 or so face to face games, I had 10 online games just last week. Just this moment, I am gaming with someone from netherlands, sydney australia...

It has made me really appreciate this version much more than I thought, I can only think that is how it would be with BotB and AAG. A better appreciation for your games, because online gaming provides me people to game with!!
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:04 am

I hear ya Elbow...