Gleemax has Axis and Allies Revised in its sights!

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue May 06, 2008 10:01 am

What's your point?
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Yeah, whats my point ?

You tell me.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue May 06, 2008 7:33 pm

The point is...We all are like big kids, and for that, the world is more safe, because of all the time we spend with Axis & Allies!!

I love the online AA gaming concept, and hope the bugs get worked out and other AA board games are added. For me, it is the only way to draw me back into the AH or should I say the GLEEMAX community. I feel Gamer_Zero antagonizes customers and has turned me off with his not so friendly way of "managing" the "new" boards...Getting a customer back is hard...I support HGD at this time, I can't say that yet again for Wiz...

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue May 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Hes not really the problem but its symptomatic of the WOTC philosophy which is totally not in its own best interest because it has no intention of doing any more than going thru the motions of running AH. No allocation of resources or business strategy for marketing is offered to tie its products to its customers.

The forum issue is like beating a dead horse. They have stated many times that they don't do anything unless a demand warrants the changes. Right now nobody is posting in those forums because the people don't like the way they are structured, so since thats the case no changes will be made. Its a form of circular reasoning thats so obvious to me and self defeating to promoting something that it can only prove how utterly incompetent they are.

Its like opening a restaurant that was selling pizza really well, then remodeling the restaurant and selling pasta and getting rid of the pizza. Then you have customers who keep asking "when are you going to start selling Pizza" and you tell them your not making money that way because your currently not selling pizza and you only sell stuff that people are buying. But duh stupid! you can't make money selling pizza if your not even offering pizza.

Much like your not offering the type of forum that the former membership had and enjoyed. Especially when it was free and its a simple thing to add.

Its the most stupid thing imaginable. I don't know how stupid people can be but thats got to be close to it.

The only guy who seems to be in charge is this Gamer Zero ( nice name)
hes doing a horrible job of it. One day ... just one day they need to hire a guy who actually plays AH games to be the link from AH and the forums that represent the customers.

Its like having Crassus in charge of Spartacus army..hows that gonna work?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed May 07, 2008 9:02 am

Geez, Adlertag, you were serious? Lighten up, will ya?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am

I agree with IL in that I don't think Gamer_Zer0 is the problem. He has to work within the parameters of his job, and has been quite helpful to me within the boundaries in which he is empowered to act. It takes a little time to get him to act, but he does eventually. I imagine he's quite busy.

The problem is the philosophy of Wizards and Gleemax. Their policies regarding the message boards are ludicrous. As IL pointed out, you can't wait for interest to develop, you have to generate it yourself. They could make a big start by keeping the AH website up-to-date. (I know, I sound like a broken record . . . errr . . . a corrupted MP3).

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Wed May 07, 2008 10:52 am

AH did a good job with their early work on the MB when Revised came out, but after that things slowly went to hell.

This Revised computer version on their site is the first positive action that I have seen out them all this time.

This is the kind of support a company should give to their games all the time.

I give them a big thumbs up for this! :D

Craig

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Wed May 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Krieghund wrote:Geez, Adlertag, you were serious? Lighten up, will ya?
You are rude to my Hun friend IL. How can I ligthen up if this will contionue ?