Axis & Allies Revised Edition Online (BUGS)

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm

looks like the last patch visually added more options in the control panel. you can now "report a bug" directly. there is also a rule book link on the control panel, but the link opens a JAVA window with in the applet that contains nothing :shock:

alpha it is ;) maybe they are doing this for something far more sinister....

I did not note any game fixes during gameplay.
-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:01 pm

BUG list updated.
-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

Post from GTO Admin

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14 pm

I posted the "bug" list that was compiled here and here are the answers:

"2. No National Advantages

- Not exactly a bug, but a feature request. Still, if people really want it we might do it at some point.

8. Incorrect Dice display. This happens with rolling for tech, I have seen a 6 rolled and no tech, then have seen a 2 rolled and it hits for technology.

- You don't need to roll a 6 to get a tech, each tech has a different target number (I think this is a difference between the older version and this one). 6 is the number you want if you are trying to get "Heavy Bombers". If you are trying for "Rockets", then a 2 is what you need.

12. I had a chance to play another game against the AI this weekend. The game is still allowing you to make noncombat moves during the combat movement phase. It also still has trouble dealing with carrier and fighter movement.

- Yes, this is different from the rules as written, but we did it to make things a bit easier. You only hurt yourself if you do this since you don't yet see the results of the combats before committing yourself to these moves (in other words, you can't use it to your advantage or cheat in any way). Changing this is also a pain for the players too since you could load a unit and move the transport, but then not unload and we need to stop you from ending your turn with an "unload these units into combat or put them back" message. Allowing it is a slight deviation from the rules I agree, but it makes the game easier to play and again doesn't allow for any advantage. I invite discussion on this issue!

13. I could not fly a UK fighter through the med canal. It kept making the fighter go through Egypt or Jordan rather than fly from sea zone to sea zone.

- From the official rules: "If you want to move sea units through a canal, your side (but not necessarily your power) must control it at the start of your turn
(that is, you can’t use it the turn you capture it)" (Bold added for emphasis). Air units cannot follow the canal directly.

Artillery Bug: This pops up occasionally when an attacking army includes an infantry paired with an artillery piece. Sometimes when both the infantry and artillery are chosen as casualties, the infantry unit comes right back to life (it can fire, take hits, or be used like a regular unit if it isn't used as a casualty again). This isn't a huge problem, nor is it consistent, and I am sorry that I can't describe it better.

-Could it be that a different infantry took it's place? If the unit is still getting to fight with the artillery bonus and the artillery is gone then it's still a bug, but thought that could be part of the source.

Thanks for all the input!"
-The evil Bert & friend

Krieghund

Re: Post from GTO Admin

Post by Krieghund » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:37 pm

elbowsanchez wrote:Air units cannot follow the canal directly.
This is incorrect. Air units can pass through any territory or sea zone without restriction. A canal connects the two sea zones as though they were adjacent. This applies to both sea and air movement.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 am

Thanks KH,

I forwarded your answer to the GTO admin.
-The evil Bert & friend

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:03 pm

I also sent them a message about how this applies to SEA units, not air units. As the rule they are referencing actually says.

Craig

elbowsanchez

Rules Question

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:30 pm

On shore bombardment: Each coast will be bombarded.

each zone the UK just attacked, invoked a shot from the battleship.
Battleship Bombardment

In an amphibious assault (see Special Combats), your battleships in the same sea zone as the offloading transport can conduct shore
bombardment. Each battleship fires once during this step against enemy land units in the territory being attacked. If there are no enemy land units present, the computer will ignore this step.

(This step is used only in the land combat portion of amphibious assaults. A battleship that is involved in the sea combat portion of an amphibious assault cannot fire in this step.)

If you have the Combined Bombardment development, your destroyers can also fire during this step, following the same rules as for battleships.

Shore Bombardment: In an amphibious assault, your battleships in the same sea zone as the offloading transport can conduct shore bombardment. Each battleship fires once during the opening fire step against enemy land units in the territory being attacked (the enemy units do not fire back). A battleship cannot conduct shore bombardment if it was involved in a sea combat prior to the amphibious assault.
Am I wrong with this? Does the UK bbs get shots at more than one territory? Am I stuck in the 80's classic rules again :p
-The evil Bert & friend

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:27 pm

Each battleship may only support one amphibious assault.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok