AAR Map Question

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
Der Kuenstler

AAR Map Question

Post by Der Kuenstler » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:36 am

Hi all - just bought Axis & Allies revised and had a map question - is the Balkans land zone considered accessible from seazone 14? There's just a dab of land there so I wasn't sure....

axis_roll

Re: AAR Map Question

Post by axis_roll » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:02 am

Der Kuenstler wrote:Hi all - just bought Axis & Allies revised and had a map question - is the Balkans land zone considered accessible from seazone 14? There's just a dab of land there so I wasn't sure....
We've never played it that way.

I think if there was access, it'd be much more clear like with Buryatia and sz60 and sz62.
Team AR
Germany
Give Enhanced a try, Revised best variant rule set
http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=15339

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:22 am

Welcome, Der Kuenstler!

The Balkans don't connect to sea zone 14. Unfortunately, geography can sometimes make places where multiple spaces meet at a point look a little "fuzzy", despite the artist's best efforts. As Axis_roll pointed out, intentional connections between game spaces are made very clear. If there's any reasonable doubt, there's no connection.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:45 pm

OK thank you!