Central Powers?

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
Builder_Chris

Central Powers?

Post by Builder_Chris » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:11 pm

So last weekend I had the opportunity to play an AAR variant called “Central Powers” and I’m wondering if any one else has heard of or played it and what they think of it.

If you have not heard of it, here is a lot of info about it.

http://www.fairplaygames.com/gamedispla ... d=549&MP=1

http://www.tabletactics.com/gamerules.html

I’ll probably play it a time or two more, but so far I’m not real impressed with it and there are some things that I Just have…… “issues” with. :roll:

For instance, “V-2 Rockets” are a piece that any player can buy from the start of the game, no need to “develop” the tech for it. And it’s a an actual piece and you can’t use them to strike IC’s, you can only use them to defend a territory or attack a territory with.

Know I know A&A is just a game, but if it is a game that is supposed to be a “World War 2 Game”, the pieces should at least “mimic” what really was part of WW2.

For instance, to my knowledge the first V-2s did not even get fired until September of 44, not the spring of 42 when the game starts and to my knowledge, only Germany developed the weapon, so it should at least be developed as special tech development not available to everyone form the start of the game, and from other things I’ve read about v-2’s they had trouble even hitting a city sized target, so to make them so that you cant hit cities but can attack territories and kill units with them …well… bugs me.

The jeeps and half tracks and landing craft bug me for similar reasons as well as the P-38 fighters and heavy bombers and the cruisers and well, the more I think about it, most of the pieces bug me.

So any way, I’m wondering if anyone else has played it and if they have thoughts about the “central powers” variant.
Construimus, Batuimus -- "We Build, We Fight.".....we party all night!

robdunbar69

Re: Central Powers?

Post by robdunbar69 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Ww2w\ww1tech chrt w all the talk of a ww1game one would think there would be more post& reads on this game there are alot of issues?v2s along bi-plns that hit&def.at1s half-trks cost 5 mov2 hit&def2s(cool pc.but stay in tray)tanksw3s but i hav a fix&ww1to
Use it up,or wear it out,make it do,or do without

robdunbar69

Re: Central Powers?

Post by robdunbar69 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:19 pm

hi chris the v2 pcs you mentioned mines l-craft i have this exp.kit(called A&A accys) also have the central powers kit, c.p. exp. has 2 page list of pcs half-trks is last pc listed forC.P. but alot of peop blend these2 sets also New world order3rd gm! rob
Use it up,or wear it out,make it do,or do without