Most unusual expierience playing A&A Revised.

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
IchBinDerKaiser

Most unusual expierience playing A&A Revised.

Post by IchBinDerKaiser » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:22 am

How about we all share our most unusual game play expieriences.

Here is mine. I was playing as the U.S. Things got pretty heavy in the Pacific. Japan usually focuses on land pumping out tanks into Asia, he didn't this time. He did build a Factory in Kwantuang, but otherwise he focused on the Sea. He did a really good job of it. By the end of round three, he controlled all the Islands in the Pacific and completely destroyed my Navy. Then it got bad for me. He succesfully launched an attack in to Western U.S., and managed to keep it even after my turn. We all know what this means. Japan managed to launch an attack onto my capital and basically took me out of the game.

This isn't the most unusual part. Germany had succesfully performed a sealion while simultaeneously holding back Russia(granted our Russia player was a new guy). So this left Germany taking London, and Japan taking Washington. All seemed hopeless untill luck started to swing in our favor. Russia starting having great luck, most of his infantry were hitting, and most of Germany was missing, despite Japan begining a push into the eastern soviet union, Russia kept on pushing into Europe untill he finally captured Berlin, taking all the German money. With this cash boost he managed to defeate all of Germany's remaining land forces, and push Japan completely out of Asia.

Germany still held the UK. A very unusual sight happened. Russia built a NAVY! He build transports and units into Germany and launched an Amphibious assault on the UK, taking it back. This victory led to a Russian led Liberation of North America.

Have you ever seen soviet troops in the Americas? It is a sight to behold when it comes to axis and allies.
The only difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense.- Tom Clancey.

WILD BILL

Re: Most unusual expierience playing A&A Revised.

Post by WILD BILL » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Great story, sounds like "the new guy" saved your arss! I guess it was on the job training. :lol:

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:19 am

Ha ha, that history was great, applaus to you :D

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:01 pm

After US & UK fell most people would have thrown in the towel, way to stick it out. The new guy got a great lesson, or was he the teacher? :lol: :lol: :lol: