A&A FAQ Revised by LH

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
aaclubdk

A&A FAQ Revised by LH

Post by aaclubdk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:37 pm

The FAQ in the top of the board is called FAQ Revised but in the foot of the pages from page 2 says Anniversary FAQ???

Craig A Yope

Re: A&A FAQ Revised by LH

Post by Craig A Yope » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 am

Yes, it's true.

The bottom of each page from 2 through 10 does say A&A Anniversary FAQ. I can't believe I missed that before.

Kind of funny.

aaclubdk

Post by aaclubdk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 am

What is a dice tower?

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:45 am

aaclubdk wrote:What is a dice tower?
Did you check out the pics on the associated link?

If so, the idea is to place the dice into the top of the tower and let gravity take them down through the unit and out into the tray.

The main purpose of the tower is to randomly mix the dice for you. Stops the cupped hand roller from flopping his dice out to get a favorable roll. Also allows for large amounts of dice to be rolled at one time so as to speed up battles and to keep the dice from flying across the table and knocking over the plastic parts.

Even with people trying to use the box top, they still find a way to miss it and send dice flying around the room. Or the dice bounce out of the box and take out the playing pieces.

I use four different colors of dice to speed up the game, especially in small battle in that each color is for the different column on the battle board.

White- ones
Black- twos
Blue/Green- threes
Red- fours

I can roll them all (in whatever combo I need for that battle) at one time and quickly get the needed info as to what hit and what didn't.