No Russia attacks on first move

Axis & Allies Revised by Avalon Hill. Released in 2004.
Axis & Allies is a classic game of war, economics, and global strategy. Victory goes not only to the team that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, but also to the individual player who seizes the most enemy territory.
Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:48 am

I have seen the Axis win without RR... I don't see why people think it isn't a balanced game... It all depends on Players... Yes it may be tilted towards the Allies economically but with a good axis start they can change that...

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

dezrtfish

Post by dezrtfish » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:21 pm

I agree with GG, if Russia is Restricted (RR) then they would be in a lot of trouble. That would be a very hard game for the allies to win.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:33 pm

maybe a Russia can only attack one area first turn?

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:15 pm

I prefer a bid to balance out the situation.

Craig

GSmorey

Bid

Post by GSmorey » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:15 am

I would second that...no need to not have Russia take part in the war if they so choose...

GS :shock:

RadRussian

Post by RadRussian » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi All,

We use the general suggestion to not allow Russia to attack on the first round, to help balance the game to the Axis. Do you (experienced) guys think that this is still necessary with LHTR?
We always played Russia Restricted in Classic, gave the Axis a better chance, the Germans more options and more enjoyable to play.

With the revised addition I don´t think this would be possible, it seems Russia would be in big trouble restricted.

robdunbar69

Re: No Russia attacks on first move

Post by robdunbar69 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm

well.restricting Rus spells dome for allies from the word go to an expieranced axis plyr ger dosnt need the bone not to mention giving Jap manch.rd1 gift wrapsJ1i.c.&J2i.c.after that6J tanks ea rd reach mos. just in time for 2 prong attk w ger.noBal.here?
Use it up,or wear it out,make it do,or do without