Submarine - Strikes: Sub Hunting

Closing in... This will be a slower and more deliberate process. It starts with Submarines and moves on from there. This is how I see it. Tell me what's wrong or right about each section. It's in your hands.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:53 pm

Bombers I assumed to be a mix of heavy and medium bombers, hence the flexibility of tactical and strategic use.

both of these are level bombers they are sprayers of the battlefield. You need a dive bomber ( which is in the fighter category) to make targeted attacks. This means a third piece the "fighter-bomber" would be needed to bridge the gap.

actually Japanese level bombers did sink the battle cruisers Repulse and Prince of Whales but these are exceptions and due to stupid British leadership because they were moving too slow and got plugged right away before they could escape.

But that an exception and would not even represent one battleship in the game ( a piece is about 4 battleships worth)
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Whackamatt

Re: Submarine - Strikes: Sub Hunting

Post by Whackamatt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am

Wouldn't most of a bombers kills vs. a submarine happen while the sub was closer to the surface?

If that's the case, then I could see NOT allowing planes to roll against subs if the sub has chosen not to attack. To me, that means the sub is already on the defensive, running silent and well below the surface, hittable only by depth charges.

Now if the sub is attacking, they'd have to be close to the surface, so planes can attack away.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:58 pm

:edit

elbowmaster
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Whackamatt

Post by Whackamatt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:52 am

Sorry, I went by position of the topic in the forum and didn't look at the date.

So if comments are no longer welcome, couldn't the thread be locked or something?

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:39 pm

These topics are not closed as it is a living document. Please continue to post and do not worry about the "last date posted"

Imperious, please chill out with your comment's as some of the new fans wish to contribute.

As far as I know, Advanced Axis & Allies by Larry Harris has NOT been released... yet. 8)
-The evil Bert & friend