DICE COLOURS

Closing in... This will be a slower and more deliberate process. It starts with Submarines and moves on from there. This is how I see it. Tell me what's wrong or right about each section. It's in your hands.

WHAT COLOUR DO YOU WANT ON YOUR DICE

Just black and white, please (I am a whimp)
4%
RED for subs, WHITE for search, BLACK for depthchar.
38%
White,black,red,blue,gray (I am Imperious, Ho, Ho)
58%

Total votes: 24

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:51 pm

hell Yes!! i got at least 12 dice for each nation( infantry) plus seperate dice for air, armor. so use at least 60 dice if i got 8 players. (Italy, France and china)
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:11 pm

The two dice colors are fine... but rolling mulitiple color dice so you can roll almost all yout units at once is nice sometimes... just head down to your local game shop and buy some multi-color 12 siders or eBay/internet.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:22 pm

12 dice in not enough... We need at least 10 for each player in a battle so they can roll for up to 10 units at a time. So thats 20 dice plus a few colors for special units like air / subs/whatever. say 4-6 more. So i guess 3 colors is ok but geez 12 dice total... Thats real cheap especially in a 80-100 USD game
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:27 pm

Larry wrote:I think offering at least 2 different colors or dice is a good idea. I plan on having half red and half black. How people use the colored dice is up to them. I don't think there will be a 3rd color. I don't want to hire a third "Dice person" in china - who sets there all day and places the white dice in the box.
Live and let live, Larry.
Maybe that third dice-person in china have mouths to feed. If your game give jobs to people, then that is good. You Americans must learn to , I dont remember the word, sheere ?
Anyway, Larry, you are first a bussinessman, then a designer. If your customers want to pay extra $ just to get 3 different colours of dice, and plastic treys with set up on lid, and both me 109 and Stuka for Germany, then you, Larry, must deliver. In the American spirit. My granny didnt die in ww2 just so you Americans could go cheep on us. Come to think about it, I voted for 3 colours, I should have gone for the Imperious way, at least 5 colours. HO, ho.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:40 pm

Quite right this posture has cost our side a game with 12 dice in 2 colors. You should had wanted and supported 100 dice in 10 colors , so that we would end up with 24 dice in 3 colors. Soon we will end up with one die one color. Aim highter in all things so the result is highter.
Last edited by Imperious leader on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:24 pm

Have you guys lost your minds? Take two dice and call me in the morning.
The last thing I need is a lecture about not being stingy. And as for China’s well being, don’t worry about it. We’ve got Wal-Mart to keep everyone in China employed – and that’s saying a lot. By the way, when’s the last time Norway did anything for the worlds economy? Oh wait a minute… that peace prize thing…. No, No, that’s Swedish !! hahahah DON’T EVER CALL ME A BUSINESS MAN.

Zero Pilot

Post by Zero Pilot » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:28 pm

I'm surprised our input has been permitted to go as far as to be (nit)picking dice colors at all really. Map and rule ideas and variations are one thing, and the more input likely the better. But this sort of thing is entirely subjective and to be honest really has no significant bearing on the finished game.

If you want tons of multi-colored dice, that's cool... go for it. To insist the game mechanics needs them is rather far fetched. ~ZP
If the enemy is in range... so are you.

d6veteran

Post by d6veteran » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:44 pm

Zero Pilot wrote:But this sort of thing is entirely subjective and to be honest really has no significant bearing on the finished game.
I would agree Pilot.