Submarine - Strikes: "On Station"

Closing in... This will be a slower and more deliberate process. It starts with Submarines and moves on from there. This is how I see it. Tell me what's wrong or right about each section. It's in your hands.
Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:41 am

Krieghund – as I understand it...

Combat between sub(s) and enemy surface ships normally only occur if the sub attacks first. But what happens if the sub does not attack? You can go after him...

Sub Hunting: Surface ships can attack subs even if the sub(s) have not fired first. This can occur when a taskforce moves into a sea zone where the sub(s) already is. The surface ship controlling player must ask the sub player if he intends to attack or not. If the sub does not want to attack the surface ships can begin a sub hunt anyway. The sub can be attacked if a successful "find" die is rolled. However a lower "find" number is required in order to locate the non-attacking sub(s). To find a sub that has not attacked, you must roll a 1 or 2. Normally a sub can be located by rolling a 4 or less.\

In a convoy zone defending destroyers and cruisers can also hunt and attack a submarine that does not attack them. If a submarine elects to not conduct an ENR attack during the Collect Income phase of the surface ships turn, the surface ships can begin a sub hunt. However a lower "find" number is required in order to locate the non-attacking sub(s). To find a sub that has not attacked, you must roll a 1 or 2. Normally a sub can be located by rolling a 4 or less.

Thanks youf for your excellent question. You have forced me to add two paragraphs to the sub rules ( the two above). For this you are awared another Idea Icon.

Attention on deck! For outstanding contributions to the cause Krieghund is here by awarded a :idea:
Carry on...

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:20 am

I am honored, sir.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:56 am

I should start a thread listing all the award winners. I think you've got 2. An earlier one was presented on Jan 12Th.
Imp has one and AxisNDallas has one maybe 2.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't I present one to Snowman too? These are not easily awarded. You've got to rock my world to get one.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:12 pm

Actually, you gave me 2 of them on 1/12 (1 on the "Combined Arms" thread and 1 on the "Submarines: ENR" thread), so this is the 3rd. But, who's counting! :)
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:34 pm

You're right! and AxisNDallas too.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:00 pm

Larry wrote: The best way to sum it up…
One sub is located per successful location roll. A successful location roll does not locate all subs, only one.
I love this, but after reading the STICKY "Submarines in advanced A&A" I cant locate this claryfied text. Maybe I am blind.

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:12 am

Thank you Adlertag- Nice catch. I have added it to the sticky (in red)