Submarine - Strikes: "On Station"

Closing in... This will be a slower and more deliberate process. It starts with Submarines and moves on from there. This is how I see it. Tell me what's wrong or right about each section. It's in your hands.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:55 pm

Not battleships, they are too slow for ASW duties. They have enough to do anyway and cruisers and destroyers are better suited. If you all BB to ASW then their are too many dice to roll against subs.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:28 pm

agree with Il (with great reluctancd and remorse I must add)... But tell me aren't DD's, Cruiser and planes enought?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:43 pm

They are enough indeed.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:02 am

OK, you win, Imperious. I've done some research, and I now agree that cruisers should be able to hunt subs. :oops:
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:54 am

Comments noted

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:35 am

your right.....
Cruisers, DD, and aircraft is a sufficant force to locate subs with, adding more would be overkill.

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:21 pm

comments noted
/////

AxisNDallas

Question about Subs "On Station"

Post by AxisNDallas » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:13 pm

Larry,

Under the following scenarios:

1. Does a sub that elects to engage (i.e. fire its two Torpedoes dice) at enemy surface ships that enter its seazone, need to be "found" to be sunk?

2. CAN a enemy surface fleet, (that was "fired" upon with torpedoes) diring combat or non-combat SKIP the "attempt to find sub die roll phase" and proceed directly to the "return fire/kill that pesky sub roll phase" ?

IF you were to ask me what I think.... my first inclination would be to allow any enemy surface ships (which include fighters stationed on a CV) that were attacked (either in combat, non-combat movement) to SKIP the "find" phase because the sub chose to disclose its location in combat, and proceed directly to the "kill" die roll phase.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not wanting to sway your opinion....IF you feel that subs in Adv. A&A need a little bit more of an edge and want to make Subs just a little bit more "Surviable"... you could require (on all circumstances) that enemy surface ships/air units that wish to score a hit on a sub MUST first successfully roll a "find" roll before a "kill" roll can be attempted.

What do you think?

Aaron
AxisNDallas