Submarines: Griffey / Krieghund

Closing in... This will be a slower and more deliberate process. It starts with Submarines and moves on from there. This is how I see it. Tell me what's wrong or right about each section. It's in your hands.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:13 pm

Höhere Achse und Alliierte müssen Torpedosbomber, Sturzkampfflugzeuge, Kreuzer, eine seperate Karte für Norwegen und Lappland, die Berge haben werden, in zu kämpfen, ordentlich hat gefärbt Stücke, und ein Ausschuss haben, der aussieht, wie Planeterde. Kein schwarzes Wasser.

Ihr wahr Heydrich --
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:05 pm

Dear Griffy.

I am totally with you.

Sea-Zones (wet territories) with IPC-value, that can be used by the controller, and may be subject to Blockade (by enemy surface ships) and Denial (by enemy subs and aircrafts) will fit perfect in this game.

"The reason for all naval warfare is always - direct or indirect - to either take control over the sea, or denie your enemy to take control"
Julian S. Corbett

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:31 pm

To put the topic in a different light i have discoverd that our Don Moody was associate designer for GMT's World At War which has some 175 pages of rules. I read quite a bit of his collaboration in this project as was quite astonished at how simply unreadable and convoluted the ruleset was presented as an "improvement" on Avalon hills Third Reich/Rising Sun games. It is nothing short of an abomination of SPI's style of games and its worst nightmare. No wonder why they ( SPI) went out of business with such rubbish. For your own edification check out their site..

Griffey presents his ideas more succently with a "glamorous" version of the historical record and quite playable as well.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.