Winning the Game HIGHEST SCORE

Proposed Victory Conditions based on points.
Larry

Winning the Game HIGHEST SCORE

Post by Larry » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:28 pm

Players win with points.

The following victory conditions are what I see Advanced Axis & Allies being. I would like your feed back. Is this a good idea - Why? Is this a bad idea - Why? What would you do differently or what part of these rules would you change?

Gaining points will spread out the game’s strategic objectives. This should make for a truly global struggle. Territories with high IPC values will become even more important as objectives. At the same time designated cities will offer big points.

Possible Victory Conditions
-We could elect to play for X hours. Side with the highest score wins?
-First side to have X points wins the game.

The number of IPC’s made per turn equals 1 point per IPC. If the IPC values are not equal the difference will be considered when calculating victory points.

For the sake of this exercise consider each territory to have the IPC value as presented on the A&A Revised map. However I am open to suggestions. For example – Oil rich Balkans worth X. Trans-Jordan and Persia worth X, etc…

There will be 3 levels of Victory Cities. The more important ones are worth 20 points, followed by 15 and finally 10 point cities.

The loss of a capital costs a player all his money and the ability to build new units. All capitals are also 20 point cities.

On the map, the cities will be colored coded. The cities will be one of the three value levels (20, 15, and 10).

20 point cities are:
Washington
London
Moscow
Berlin
Rome
Tokyo

15 point cities are:
San Francisco
Calcutta
Stalingrad
Paris
Athens (Greece will be a new territory)
Peiping

10 Point cities are:
Honolulu
Manila (The Philippines are American at the beginning of the game)
Panama
Canberra
Cairo
Sinapore
Leningrad
Baku (Southern Caucasus – The Caucasus as shown on the map will be made into two territories)
Vladivostok
Oslo
Warsaw
Budapest
Tripoli
Mogadiscio (Italian Somaliland)
Sicily (To be added to the map)
Okinawa
Seoul (Korea to be added)
Formosa (To be added to map)
Last edited by Larry on Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.