Players win with points

Proposed Victory Conditions based on points.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:12 am

Imperious leader wrote:
Territories with high IPC values will become even more important as objectives. At the same time designated cities will offer big points.
Eagle this is what it says which does not integrate the IP value with the victory value. They can be both

OK new system:
3 types of "victory" cities
1)Capitals
2)Major Cities (2 pts)
3)Minor Cities (1pt)

major cities are worth 2 points, while minor are worth 1

To win you need a number of points by a certain time frame, or turn

Their are three forms of victory:
take one capital=marginal victory
take two capitals=substantive victory
take three capitals =decisive victory

each team starts at a 3/3 tie, so if you take one capital,plus X amount of points you win

Under the old system you count a capital as 20 points, while places like oslo are at 10 points, This is too abstacted to make your capital far too meaningless. Hitler would trade 50 Oslos for one Berlin, and so would the allies. Thats why you have to seperate the two. plus my system is more streamlined, elegant, less accounting and accomplishes the same thing. More importantly its very close to what i use for my Delux Second World War game. So i know it works. Thanks

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:12 am

Imperious leader wrote:I have to add that a player is only fully out of the game when all his Factories are occupied, plus his capital. His units cannot move outside that original nations borders, but can fight in an attempt to retake at least one factory, so that production and movement can resume. Failing that , the conquered nations units just remain in place and defend where they stand. For supply purpose you trace to your home factories.

elbowmaster

Re: Victory Points

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:33 am

Griffey wrote:Victory Points in most places should simply be IPC income. In a few places, Victory Points should equal IPC + AMPS.

AMPS are Allied Morale Points. These are places whose moral and political value is greater to the Allies than their mere economic value would indicate.

These would include:

1. Britain's "White Commonwealth" territories: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Canada. Each of these should have 2 AMPS added to their IPCs when measuring their Victory Point value. Thus, New Zeaknd and Western Canada would be worth 1 IPC + 2 AMPS = 3 Victory Points.

2. Any sea zone in the Atlantic Ocean which produces IPC should have a +1 AMP attached.

2. America's strategically sensitive territories, Panama, Hawaii, continental Alaska, and the West Indies should have a +2 AMP each.

3. America's Asian allies' territories should have a +1 AMP attached to each: China, Philippines.

4. Any Latin American mainland territory should have a +1 AMP.

AMPS would give the Axis more incentive to try a strategy other than "Russia, India and China or Bust."

In addition, Iberia (Spain) and Turkey are surely worth a Victory Point or two each, because of their strategic importance, even if they don't produce IPC.

mcdull

Re: Players win with points

Post by mcdull » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:37 am

Merry Christmas! May you have a nice day ~ You know, as for this point, I prefer to Guild Wars 2
Nothing is impossible when we're equiped well with gw2 gold.