Players win with points

Proposed Victory Conditions based on points.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:05 pm

Larry wrote: Krieghund: I have no intention of counting accumulated income.
Your score at the end of your turn is all the VC’s you control plus the IP values of the territories you control. Any money (IPC’s) you hold in hand also count as points. 1 IPC = 1 point. Consequently, if you lose IPC’s due to ENR’s or SBR’s you in fact lose points. This will not be like the A&A Pacific system.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:07 pm

Krieghund wrote:
Larry wrote:Krieghund: I have no intention of counting accumulated income.
Your score at the end of your turn is all the VC’s you control plus the IP values of the territories you control. Any money (IPC’s) you hold in hand also count as points. 1 IPC = 1 point. Consequently, if you lose IPC’s due to ENR’s or SBR’s you in fact lose points. This will not be like the A&A Pacific system.
OK - I misunderstood your earlier post. This makes sense.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:48 pm

CanucKev wrote:Way back on page 1 or 2, someone asked if there'd be a chart to keep track of total points ... and I just skipped to posting a reply, not bothering to read everything in between, so I don't know if someone's suggested this already ;)

Anyway, for counting points I'd suggest something like an abacus ... well, more accurately, like a pool scoreboard (one peg for 10's, another for 1's). It'd be nice to have it on a slider, so that you didn't have to risk bumping the chart and moving cardboard markers all over the place ...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:07 am

adlertag wrote:
Larry wrote:Players win with points.

The following victory conditions are what I see Advanced Axis & Allies being. I would like your feed back. Is this a good idea - Why? Is this a bad idea - Why? What would you do differently or what part of these rules would you change?
"Players win with points" is a very good idea if you are making a "Build an Empire" game, where the nations are equal rivals trying to conquer as many territories as possible. Historically only Germany, Italy and Japan was playing this "Build an Empire"-game in ww2.

The Allies played another game, they wanted to stop the Axis from building Empires, (without increasing their own Empires), liberating already occupied nations in order to re-make a "Status que ante Bellum", and purge the war-criminal axis leaders that actually startet ww2 and commited genocide.

If your A&A Advanced game, mr Harris, aim to be taken seriously (not another beer-game) then this games Winning Conditions must take this facts in consideration.
Anyway, your units will have nation specific combat values, so why cant your players have nation specific winning conditions too ?

AXIS WIN INDIVIDUALLY
*The Axis player that first reach his "Empire Building" goals, end the game and are the winner.

*The German player must occupie 12 territories from France to Ural.
*The Italian player must occupie 12 territories that belonged to Roman Empire.
*The Japanese player must occupie 12 territories in Pacific and Asia.

ALLIES WIN AS TEAM
*When the allied players have eleminated all 3 Axis leaders, Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito, the game is over and the Allies win as a team. This will reflect the "Comunity of Interest" that the Allied Powers enjoyed during ww2. (If you dont like a Hitler plastic piece, let the axis capitols do the work)

It is also important to underline that the Allies was not against the german and italian populations, only their Dictator leaders. Bush did the same trick to Iraq and Saddam. Make your Advanced game show this. Dont do the big mistake it is, to let USA and UK win by occupying most victory points, wich means they have the same winning conditions as the Axis, placing all Greate Powers in the same black, evil empire-building, genocidal junk-yard.

A new movie in European today, "Der Untergang", Hitlers last houers, very interresting.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:08 am

Larry wrote: Adlertag – nation specific winning conditions. Hummmm.
Your counter argument is weak. As far as the Allies go this is not about building empires. It’s about defeating the Axis bad guys and to measure their progress they get points for liberating former Axis territories. The Axis on the other hand get points (again a measurement of their progress) for expanding their empires.

Have you seen it. The Der Untergang?

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:10 am

Imperious leader wrote:HOW BOUT FORGET THE 20, 15 AND 10 POINT CITY THING AND JUST MAKE IT 1,2,AND 3 SO WE DONT HAVE TO COUNT SO MUCH. Now hows that for a history lesson????

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:10 am

elbowmaster wrote:you dont have to yell !!

hey, MB did it to NOVA, why not with advanced as well...good point...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:11 am

adlertag wrote:
Imperious leader wrote:HOW BOUT FORGET THE 20, 15 AND 10 POINT CITY THING AND JUST MAKE IT 1,2,AND 3 SO WE DONT HAVE TO COUNT SO MUCH. Now hows that for a history lesson????
Because the ipc-value you get from your territories in a turn are turned into vinning-points as well. Please pay attention when in class, stay focused, and read Larrrys first post on this subject, under the sticky.