3 levels of Victory Cities

Proposed Victory Conditions based on points.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:41 pm

Krieghund wrote:Just to be clear - my opinion was that there was not enough information at this time to determine what the penalty for losing a capital should be. As far as victory conditions, I think the direction you're going is fine, and I agree that this is an important early step of designing the game. :)

As far as the inclusion of victory cities in neutral countries, the fact that you are starting the game in 1941 may dictate that some VCs are located there, since some of the countries that were still neutral (not yet invaded) in '41 may have important cities to include. Actually, if the 1st turn starts on 12/7/41, the US is still neutral at the start of the game!

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:42 pm

Imperious leader wrote:We are very happy to have a bone to chew on. Just commenting on the jumping around on topics from sub stall/ combat to victory cities seems a bit different. Of course we are following your lead commander, but I feel we should finish off Naval /air / land combat before moving to another idea, unless somehow they resonate or "ping-pong" each other reflexively.
Again we are happy!!

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:43 pm

Larry wrote:Imp - if you're happy :D I'm happy :D :roll:

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:43 pm

Imperious leader wrote:hey wait! So if the Japanese dont attack USA on turn one, then america stays neutral. I like that, that way Japan can go for the armies option and crush China instead. Plus Germany does not have to declare war on USA, as she did on dec 11th, so effectively not linking us into the conflict, would present interesting differences in the advanced game. Whoa we have not touched this topic yet and its important, unless the game starts on dec 12th (after the doors are closed)

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:44 pm

elbowmaster wrote:yes that starting date certainly adds some interesting subtleties...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:45 pm

Larry wrote:Stop busting my tennis balls

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:47 pm

elbowmaster wrote:adlertag, you rule...!! i really like your neutral VC concepts

im leaning towards the importance of them as at least an option, or, maybe an option not to have them... 8)

certainly adds new twists & turns you dancing fool (btw, i liked your happy go lucky dancing avatar the best... ;) )

after reading this many times, oil territories came up as something not quite addressed yet...how are these gonna fit in, does each power have to have at least one??? hmmm...and what do you get in terms of "bonus" for occupying...important concept here, especially for the timed, tourney games...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:48 pm

DonMoody wrote:"Whoa we have not touched this topic yet and its important, unless the game starts on dec 12th (after the doors are closed)"

The doors were closed well before December 12th.

DonMoody