What I would like Larry to design

If you can't figure where a given topic fits - place it here.
suit

Re: What I would like Larry to design

Post by suit » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:30 am

*what did they look like the Martians? “

“He is among the first to discover that the object is an artificial cylinder that opens, disgorging Martians who are "big" and "greyish" with "oily brown skin", "the size, perhaps, of a bear", each with "two large dark-coloured eyes", and lipless "V-shaped mouths" which drip saliva and are surrounded by two "Gorgon groups of tentacles". The Narrator finds them "at once vital, intense, inhuman, crippled and monstrous". They emerge briefly, but have difficulty in coping with the Earth's atmosphere and gravity, and so retreat rapidly into their cylinder.

Thanks to Wikipedia, eventually you probably need a protective suit, for any Martian expose to Earth’s atmosphere. A steampunk version of this “land octopus” with your sniper mini moving in for the kill.

suit

Post by suit » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:54 pm

Another use of levitation is for soldiers who lay mines/bobby traps. Imagine a Tri-Pod Walker activates a mine(s), that levitate up to leg(s) or the main body, and, 💥 Boom. Down comes the Walker, with only one or two legs, it is not going far(much less the main body partially/mostly destroyed).

They could try to repair it on the spot, or, tow/carry the damaged Walker. From the description of the Martians, as they leave their craft, to help their wounded comrade, Boom another sniper team goes into action.

suit

Post by suit » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:29 pm

And now for the 1942 minis, let’s start with Air:

suit

Post by suit » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:43 pm

And now for the 1942 minis, let’s start with Air: First let us remember that Martian craft, have a sort of shielding/force field for the 1942 game. This let them absorb an hit from a attack, not as powerful as seen in the movies(if it was, then their would be no game)...