What I would like Larry to design

If you can't figure where a given topic fits - place it here.
suit

Re: What I would like Larry to design

Post by suit » Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Infantry, the Queen of the battlefield, would look allot like the minis already made, but, for the Heavy Infantry version. You can still have the “Heroic” Sgt./Captain leader, with higher states than regular infantry.

Heavy Infantry would need to be protected by regular infantry, but, would add an extra punch to an attack/defense. They are...

suit

Post by suit » Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 am

Machine gun crews, you need at least two to get that crossfire. A mini would show at least three figures, one feeding the belt of ammo, another shooting, and, another brining more ammo. The rare mini would show at least three more figures moving up more ammo, and, the even more rare with that steampunk version of a reworked Heat Ray version of a machine gun...

suit

Post by suit » Sat May 09, 2020 7:38 pm

Next anti-Tripod Walker Bazooka teams, with the close range Panzerfaust( the latter having a shorter range). You do not need to take out the main body of a large Tripod, just one of the legs, and, down it goes. Then you can use another Bazooka rocket/Panzerfaust on it, much less satchel charge, flamethrower, many grenades thrown in a bundle, ant- tank mine, and so forth.

As for a mini- Walker just getting hit by a Bazooka/Panzerfaust would destroy the sole occupant inside its suit like armor. It is like the late medieval heavily armor horseman facing at close range a crossbow/arquebus attack(longer range a volley of longbow arrows). Good chance the Knight will go down...

suit

Post by suit » Wed May 13, 2020 9:05 pm

Mortars, Booby Traps, and, Mines: Mortars allow Infantry to pack a punch, especially the heavy ones. In a defensive situation, they can be used to break up intense attacks from mini-Walkers trying to overrun a terrain fire base, along with defending artillery. A mini could show a Mini-Walker being Hit by light, médium, and, heavy mortar fire.

For a light mortar hit, the mini Walker could be damaged, or, the occupant*force to abandon it. For medium a mini Walker is destroyed, with little chance of the Martian surviving. Finally for a heavy mortar hit, the mini would be barely recognized two mini-Walkers in a small crater.

*A dice throw would decide if the Martian ever made it back to is base(1-3 yes to fight another day as a garrison trooper, 4-6 Friendly natives with BIG famished dogs 🐕 take it home for dinner).

What soldier( even one from Mars), would not like a free meal or momento from the battlefield. A mini-Tripod comes on a freshly killed human, and, using a type a straw, sucks on the blood for a quick snack. The second the alien 👽 itself or the mini-Walker lifts the body, it releases the weight that was on a pressure plate, and, boom. No more alien, here the dead avenge the living!

Going by the last The War of the World movie, a simple child’s bike with a manual bell on the handel. Ring it for the strange sound, a electrical circuit is complete, and, C-4 molded and fashion as a bike
seat, goes off.

The mini could be just a simple bike bell, 1-3 it goes off and takes out a Martian, 4-5 it is ignored waiting for a Martian to ring it, 6 it makes its way back to Mars as a souvenir from Terra...

suit

Post by suit » Tue May 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Ask the war deteriores for the Martian, you can have the all too common Martian mini of a trooper fighting in just an environmental suit(as supplies from Mars are practically non-existant). Booby traps as noted in even generic army booklets going up to the sixties, become much more common.

As the Martian Forces have to deal more directly with structures on Earth like doors, stairs, and, so forth. Only having an environmental suit for protection. The Walkers and mini ones are on cement blocks due to a lack of parts/energy cells.

Again the minis would be the Martians seen in the last The War of the War movie with Tom Cruise. The ones described in the original novel had no limbs/the fifties movie had limbs that appeared too long!...

suit

Post by suit » Fri May 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Having a deteriorating Martian response as a invading force, now on the defensive. More and more of their alienforce is now common foot-soldiers wearing an environmental suit. Using powered down weapons, they become so much cannon fodder.

Regular earth weapons become more effective, as the Martians become more susceptible even to regular hand and rifle fire. Much less machine guns, grenades, flamethrowers, mortars, light artillery fire. As any size Walkers are now destroyed/nonfunctional due to a lack of parts and fuel cells.

Flying Walkers are now rare and used for communication between Martian fronts, as for Sea Power the few ships left, are more like blockade runners. Martians cannot swim, as large bodies of deep water does not exist on Mars.

Finally too little, too late, as the rarest Martian minis, are retrobuilt earth 🌏 weapons, for use by the Martians....

suit

Post by suit » Sat May 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Fighters/Fighter Bombers with Heat Ray. Using captured or reassemble earth fighters, and, using their fuel cells, to power them. The Martians finally have craft that is aerodynamic for the earth’s atmosphere.

The craft use levitation for take off and landings, rebuilt for Martian bodies in mind, with the W.W.II and modern fighters having pressurized cockpits of natural Martian atmosphere. They do not have any sort of shielding, and, they find out especially with the flimsy W.W.I fighters, how frágil they are. Also easy to shoot down, only the fighter bombers having a powered down Heat Ray on them.

The minis would have a bit of that Steampunk look to it, painted of course blood red. Especially with a fatted cockpit, keeping in mine of the original Well’s description of the Martians. Also with no parachutes/ejector seats, as the pilots have no environmental suits with them. They either accomplish their mission or die.

Quite rare mini, as only a few squadrons were set up, much less the rarest mini of a squadron that was actually powered by only terrain engines and airplane/jet fuel. These craft would still have on them the propellers and jet engines. Also armed with only earth weapons.

After the War, the Axis & Allies found out the war would have lasted a year or more, if they had done this midway through the war, not towards the end...

As for bombers...

suit

Post by suit » Sun May 24, 2020 8:14 pm

In real time, the Germans had a few bombers, and, actually used them. But there were never enough to actually make a squadron of Nazi B-17/24, much less fuel them. Their value was to recycle the metal of the destroyed Allied bombers.

The Martians if they recycle a whole bomber, would actually use it for transport aircraft purposes(pressurized with Martian atmosphere). Using also any light and medium bombers, much less a transport plane like a Dakota. Depending on locally available resources, it might have levitation for take off and landings, much less use the actual engines and fuel to power them.

Terrain forces do not have to worry about a Martian version of a Bomber Harris “1000 Bomber Raid”. A rare mini would be of a painted blood red Martian transport B-17/24.