What I would like Larry to design

If you can't figure where a given topic fits - place it here.
suit

Re: What I would like Larry to design

Post by suit » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:41 pm

If the 1917, 1942, or, 2025 game(s) were ever made, could it lead to a fictional battle scenario type sub game?(like the Axis & Allies Battle of the Bulge/D-Day games, are sub games of Axis and Allies Europe/Europe 1940 games).

My interest wold be the game board. Could it based on the old Avalon Hill multiple purpose boards, running from four to eight board sections, printed on both sides. This could give one a heck of allot of game setup combinations. Some boards would be quite urban, lake/sea ports, others forest, open plains, lakes/seas and rivers and bays, mountains and foothills, and, so forth.

You could have plastic or 2-D units for bunkers, forts, mine fields, tank/Walker traps,airfields/zeppelin fields, supply dumps, hospitals, headquarters, hills/caves, roads and railroads tracks, explosions and poison gas, and, so

Of course with the use of Minis, this could be pimped up to a small city, on the scale you see in some gaming stores, that exist for those those Board of the Rings/Warhammer 39,999 types games, thanks, Pellulo

suit

Post by suit » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Of course with such multi-purpose boards, you invite fictionalized scenarios to be written up for sub game plays. They can be official or fan based or both. Of course this could feed the mini. market, but, each scenario with new units could have illustrations of the new unit(s).

This would allow one to copy the illustration and make a 2-D counter for the units needed. Game play could be macro, like the Battle on The Western Front 1917 time period, or, the Battle for a Factory in Stalingrad 1942 game(a la Squad Level of play), Thanks, Pellulo

suit

Post by suit » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Suppose to be free, on Apple T.V., a new version of “The War of the Worlds”, thanks, Pellulo

PSS It is a two parter, about 90mins., filmed in Europe. Probably a series pilot from last year.

suit

Post by suit » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Minis starter set, would be the traditional packaging, more like the small extra parts additions box set made by the MemiorXXX people. Instead of that clumsily upright box the original minis sets, use to come in.

It could be mixed, land and sea and sea forces, and, even eras could be mixed. I would opt for each starter set, to be not mixed. One for 1917, 1942, and, 2025 sets(later on you can have speciality, if wanted, sets).

A nice set of three two sided maps, with thin cutouts for game play enhancements...

suit

Post by suit » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:18 pm

The thin cutouts, you can make more via a color copier, and, give it a cardboard backing. If the maps are either just plain, like a green for fields, rocky ground, icy ground(definitely a terror for Walkers on three legs, at a height of 100’), and, so forth. Or the maps might have preprinted parts of cities, towns, villages, isolated buildings, ruins, hill and dale, desert/beach terrain, forest, farmland, and, so forth.

You might have a cutout of a castle/fortress, artillery battery, harbor/coastal defense for a map that simulates the sea or large lake. Factories, military base, air base, ruins of a Walker/mini-Walker, and, so forth.

Instruction booklet, some scenarios, checkoff list of the units, tokens and badges and markers made of cardboard, more for simulated shell blasting, flamethrower blast would be nice, and, so forth.

Finally the Minis, let’s start with ground forces for 1917...

suit

Post by suit » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:56 pm

You have many repeats as seen for the original W.W.II Minis, and, some overlook/new units.

The tradicional infantryman and the speciality shock troops,
snappers(who so love to lay traps and snarls for their friends the Walkers, for example mines, pre-dug holes that are covered up, dummy targets just full of tnt waiting for a nearby Walker to use its Heat Wave on it, cables that go tense causing a Walker to go over/trip, and, so forth),
Brave Captain/Sgt. who lead a “Recovery Team” (using special tools and explosives, they crack open down Walkers to kill/capture its operative pilot), usual in populated areas they are one step ahead another mini the,
“angry mob” who gladly recover the occupants of a down Walker and tear them apart...

suit

Post by suit » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Gunnery emplacements/crews,
Small, medium, and, Big guns,
U.S.M.C. & other Marines,
French Foreign Legion,
Colonial Troops,
Communications,
Supply,
HQ,
Horse drawn/trucks,
Armor trains with big rail guns/regular trains,
Mortar crews,
Machine gun crews for light, medium, heavy,
Flamethrower,
Bunkers, Castles, Fortresses, Star Forts,
Cavalry via horse or light tank,
Main Battle Tanks,
Truck mounted artillery(mobile guns),
Medics,
Sgt. York sharpshooter whose expertise is shooting out telescoping eye of Martian units. Once destroyed the operator is tied into it via mental powers. Such a sudden disconnection usually kills the operator,

you could fill it up to a hundred just for ground forces minis for the 1917 game,...
Last edited by suit on Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suit

Post by suit » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:58 pm

And now the Sea Minis for the Axis and Allies Theme War of the Worlds 1917 game:

The first mini, is a late nineteen century ironclad, that somehow survived to 1917. It might have been kept as a training ship, and, only patrol and guarded a particular S. E. English Port in Essex, off the River Blackwater, that saved it from the scrape heap. This particular tie in to H.G. Wells “The War of the Worlds” is called the Thunder Child,
HMS Argus the first flat Top Aircraft Carrier,