Who you voting for?

If you can't figure where a given topic fits - place it here.

Election 2008

Obama
75%
McCain
25%

Total votes: 16

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Elbow, don't lock this thread. We are free men, and free men must be allowed to discuss politics.

Vader218

Post by Vader218 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm

I suggest you don’t spend too time and effort writing up your future posting that promise to be full of hate and parroting of right wing nonsense. They will be deleted…
Introduce censorship then so we can only read your worldly views.
I'm not here to kiss your ass. I thought this to be a site where different views are tolerated.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Vader218 wrote: I thought this to be a site where different views are tolerated.
It is, I just forgot to move the thread to "chatterbox" where it belongs. But on that same note, please no personal attacks.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:56 pm

That Obama article was way over the top :lol:

People actually believe in that $4!T :?:
-The evil Bert & friend

Bluestroke

Post by Bluestroke » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 am

timerover51 wrote:I do not regard it as luck. I live in Illinois, and know exactly how little experience he has, plus who his associates here are. I am not impressed by his associates. His newly chosen Chief of Staff is regarded as an "attack dog" by most of the rest of Illinois politicos.

I voted for Bush twice, and voted for McCain. I do not share a whole lot of Obama's views, especially with respect to abortion, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I am wondering how long it will be before the Army finds itself in the Sudan and the Congo. The only good thing is that a One Trillion Dollar budget deficient is likely to severely cramp what damage he can do.

The biggest problem is who he might put on the Supreme Court. That is really scary to me.

As for rubbing my head, please do not bother. I do not take that very well. Just pray that Iran does not decide to start tossing nukes around and laughing at Obama while doing so.

LOL-Ok, Ok no rub. It was fun poking your first day assessments.
You are making an Idealogical bellow, this can be understandable.
I have just spent the last eight years in agony. Watching US security, being fumbled in the hands of a political idealogue, as opposed to a US president. We will agree to disagree. It always amazes me to find someone who supports the disaster called Bush. It's going to take some time for us to put this country back together and restore our security and influence. And yes, Bush has raised all our taxes, by spending on a war without paying for it. Every dime of those budgets will have to be repaid. The largest tax increase in the History of the Nation. Replacing the broken and worn out military hardware, is another one of those hidden multi-billion dollar gems, Mr Bush as left us, yea. Maybe, some of this could have been prevented, if someone like McCain had stuck to his guns and fought Bush in a Bipartisan manner. Nope, idealogical puppies all, following the leader.

timerover51

Post by timerover51 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Sounds like you supported Obama. You elected him, you have to live with him. I live in Illinois, and have a good idea as to what to expect from an Illinois Democrat. The For Sale sign on the White House goes up on January 20. I expect he will become very, very wealthy.

As for improving security, you have got to be kidding. The Congress will be chopping like mad. A Democratic president improving security is an oxymoron.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 pm

What would Joe the Plumber say?
-The evil Bert & friend

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 pm

He say "Go to my website www.secureourdream.com