KURSK:

If you can't figure where a given topic fits - place it here.
elbowsanchez

KURSK:

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Kursk:

:idea: It would be another addition to the theatre editions.

:idea: It brings the Soviets (Russians) into the limelight. Though unsure, there must be a similar gaming community there that enjoys playing with army men. If they do, they would appreciate a game honoring what "they" did, for "us." There will always be something mysterious about the Russians because of the politics between them and us who are outside of the sphere of influence, and a good mystery sells. AA bridges cultures :)

:idea: New scupts (Heavy Tanks) KV's, Tigers (perhaps the Soviets get an updated mech unit including ZIS supply truck, ammo, fuel and supply pieces, ok so maybe pushing it with just the tanks)

:idea: The complete board would have to be the similar size as AAP40 and would be 6 to 8 double sided boards that fit together or the size of complete new AA:GLOBAL game 72" x 33". Flipping boards gives you different land changes.

:idea: HEX or OCT or both, spaces where terrain can play a part with line of sight and movement obstacles. One unit per hex so hex's are small in size and there are lots of them (spaces). The board, double sided (similar to AAM booster maps but on cardboard like the AA:GC "base island boards).

:idea: Sell them as a set or sell them individually, meaning a "Soviet Set" or a "German Set" or heck even a "ADD-on Set" the booster sets could have additional board sections etc...

:idea: It sounds alot like AAM and that is the hook. But its not. AAM, great concept, but wrong approach in terms of what axis and allies is. For me it lost appeal due to the other similar, already established games that were already "better" in quality, whether it be gameplay or quality "in correct scale" in actual tangible things that you see and touch. AAM had too many things on a small space with funky scale issues (wargamers are anal and notice these things). Make the playing pieces the same scale as the AA board games. Plan on hearing that from me over and over again.

:idea: Larry, you are going to have to update your infantry units. I know for some reason that might hurt your fellings to hear this from me again and again, but it is a new decade so please be open about getting it done. COOL SELLS!!! it is the only thing missing in your games. TOTAL COOL, not 80%, 90% cool, but TOTAL COOL. I have showed examples already of infantry that would work that WotC has already made. The standard AA infantry units are ugly, I am unsure which one I dislike the most ICK!!!. Are they that more expensive to produce?? Make the bases a bit smaller so they fit on the chip and your done, WotC already has the sculptures!! 50% of the gamers buy games because of the rules, but the other 50% will buy the game because it also looks cool. I am suggesting that as an observation of wargamers, the the main target market of AA.

:idea: Larry, your job is to make this a game. All the parts are already here and ready to come together. I know you can do it.

:arrow: Best of all, I would buy it and I bet many more would. But only if COOL, TOTAL COOL.
-The evil Bert & friend

Emperor_Taiki

Re: KURSK:

Post by Emperor_Taiki » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Why not just a Kursk game similiar to BOTB. Instead of making multiple sets or boards for one battle why not in addition to a Kursk game make a Operation Market Garden aswell as a El Alamein.

I would like an A&A stalingrad battle game too but stalingrad was much longer and very different than the other battle mentioned above that only lasted a few days.
A&A stalingrad would probably not use a hex map and have rules more in line with A&A:Gaudalcanal(except without fleets).

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Totally agree, and it would be cool to use a kursk tile with an El Alimein tile or a market garden tile. It provides both, military historic as well as "what if" scenarios. A "Queens Gambit" type of system would work well with Stalingrad.
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Comments noted.

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:38 pm

What I want for X-Mas 2015, a new W.W.I game (naval of course), and, especially Axis and Allies Battle of Kursk(for the" There is no USA forces in the game", maybe a mold or two of US lend lease tank/truck/fighter), thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

timerover51

Post by timerover51 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:28 am

Sounds a lot like the Avalon Hill Panzerblitz game but using miniatures instead of cardboard unit markers. I still have my original Panzerblitz game. It was one of the first war-games that I ever purchased.

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 am

O.K. a marriage of sorts, Axis and Allies Panzerblitz, a redoing of a classic AH game, with the A&A system in it, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo