Things to be incorporated into future games

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
Rising_Sun_Warrior

Things to be incorporated into future games

Post by Rising_Sun_Warrior » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:54 pm

Here are just a few of the things that I would like to see in the next "Single Battle" Series of Axis and Allies.
1. Hexes. Plain and simple hexes are cool. They have an awesome shape and are much more standard than misshapen territories. They fit the scale of the battle much better than territories too.
2. Frontline markers. This thing is really cool! :D The only knock on it is that the color is too similar to the board's color. It should be solid black or bright red.
3.The stacking limit. 3 hexes filled with 12 units being attacked from multiple sides is alot more realistic than one hex filled filled with 36 units. Easier to fit all of your units onto the hex too.
4. Weather. Desert storms, monsoons, hurricanes, snowstorms, in every area on Earth there is some unique weather pattern that can be incorporated. Afrika Korps and Monty don't have air support on Turn 4 or whatever. No aircraft carrier planes due to hurricane, etc. Just pick out a few turns to be terrible weather. Or even randomize the turns that have bad weather to account for unpredictability. Oooh, alternate historical reality weather patterns how cutting edge...
5. Trucks and Supplies. Obviously now that there are Trucks in one game the Pandora's Box has been opened and all future titles have to have them. Supplies too. There needs to be a set number of supplies per turn for all single battle games and a supply number to go with the IPC number in the elusive A&A Advanced.

Well there's my thoughts. Anyone else? I'd like to hear them.
"In wartime the truth is so precious, she must always be attended by a bodyguard of lies" -Winston Churchill