Rules questions...yay?

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
Striker

Rules questions...yay?

Post by Striker » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Alright, I recently bought BOB and am partway through a game. (opponent had to temporarily leave after the end of turn 2). I love the new rules style but of course with change comes confusion. These are two questions really affecting my game. I tried the faq, and of course, the rule book, but either I'm not looking hard enough or (hopefully) these aren't something already answered.

#1. Another Zone of Control Related question! With *gasp* trucks!
This question sums it up. During the reinforcement phase of my turn, am I able to load a truck(off-board) up with(whatever), then drop the object off at a frontline hex.(A hex with my units next to an enemy hex). Then, next turn, can I return the truck the offboard area and then the same turn load offboard units and reinforce again? Or does ZOC make this impossible? The wording of rules seems to imply that the truck would almost get "trapped", but that makes little sense since it would be senslessly long to get it back to duty.(turn 1- Drops off reinforcements in enemy ZOC. turn 2. Moves a whole one hex to get out of ZOC. Turn 3 returns to offboard area and either stays there a turn or comes back with reinforcements?[depends on part of answer to above])

#2. Do tanks moving on roads cost supply points?(We've been counting them as yes, the do, but I havn't found reference in the rules.)
#2b. If yes to above, can a reinforcing(offboard) tank use an offboard supply token? If there are multiple tanks, do they count as using the same one, or do they consume multiple?

#3. Supplies can be hit, but when a hex contains multiple supplies, do each of these individual supplies count as a seperate unit to be hit?
ex: a hex has an infantry and two supplies. Would supplies be hit on a die roll of 2 or 3, or would it be only on a 2?

#4 I'm fairly confident this is a yes, but I just want to double check. Can supply trucks be used to bring in offboard units/supplies in the reinforcment phase the same phase that they,too, are reinforcements?

Thanks for any help, I'm fine with the rest of the rules(I think) and the only mistake I realize we made so far is sometimes forgetting to remember supplies can be hit.

Krieghund

Re: Rules questions...yay?

Post by Krieghund » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:37 pm

Striker wrote:#1. Another Zone of Control Related question! With *gasp* trucks!
This question sums it up. During the reinforcement phase of my turn, am I able to load a truck(off-board) up with(whatever), then drop the object off at a frontline hex.(A hex with my units next to an enemy hex). Then, next turn, can I return the truck the offboard area and then the same turn load offboard units and reinforce again? Or does ZOC make this impossible? The wording of rules seems to imply that the truck would almost get "trapped", but that makes little sense since it would be senslessly long to get it back to duty.(turn 1- Drops off reinforcements in enemy ZOC. turn 2. Moves a whole one hex to get out of ZOC. Turn 3 returns to offboard area and either stays there a turn or comes back with reinforcements?[depends on part of answer to above])
Yes, Trucks are "trapped" by enemy zones of control. Your 3-turn description is accurate. An exception to this is if the Truck is on a friendly board-edge hex with a road going off the board in the hex itself.
Striker wrote:#2. Do tanks moving on roads cost supply points?(We've been counting them as yes, the do, but I havn't found reference in the rules.)
Yes.
Striker wrote:#2b. If yes to above, can a reinforcing(offboard) tank use an offboard supply token? If there are multiple tanks, do they count as using the same one, or do they consume multiple?
One Supply token actives an entire hex for movement. Reinforcements entering the board for the first time move for free. However, in both circumstances, a biltz movement must be paid for if you want to use it. This is paid for in the same way as normal movement for on-board Tanks (one Supply activates all the Tanks in one hex). For reinforcement Tanks, it is paid for with off-board Supply tokens at the rate of one per division you wish to blitz with.
Striker wrote:#3. Supplies can be hit, but when a hex contains multiple supplies, do each of these individual supplies count as a seperate unit to be hit?
ex: a hex has an infantry and two supplies. Would supplies be hit on a die roll of 2 or 3, or would it be only on a 2?
The entire stack of Supply tokens takes up one "address" for purposes of hit determination. In your example, ones, threes and fives would hit the Infantry, and twos, fours and sixes would hit the Supply tokens (one would be destroyed for each hit).
Striker wrote:#4 I'm fairly confident this is a yes, but I just want to double check. Can supply trucks be used to bring in offboard units/supplies in the reinforcment phase the same phase that they,too, are reinforcements?
Yes.

Enjoy the game!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:52 pm

Thanks Krieghund - you're far better at this then I am.