New legendary town, Ortheville!

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
tgerdan

New legendary town, Ortheville!

Post by tgerdan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Kerem (also a fellowmember of the forum ) and I had a great BoB night on tuesday where I played the Axis..

I've smashed the allies really good and on the last turn Axis had 24 points and a great army was in front of Ortheville (3 points).

Now, if Ortheville fell, Axis would reach 27 pts and the Allied forces were only to threaten another town with 2 points. So the victory was easy and safe 8)

So, axis attacked Ortheville with all its available power ( 30 dices, to be exact). And only 4 armored divisions were there to stop them..

There were 18 hits!! So, Ortheville had to be fallen.. But after the smoke has settled there was a survivor!! None of the 18 hits touched the armor #3! ( you can only see 12 hit dice on the photo because we had to reroll the dices several times to achieve the attack with 30 dices)

And Ortheville survived!

And at the photo below you can see Kerem ( allied player) with all the supply tokens he managed to save during the game. ( maybe he thought that we were playing Monopoly, not BoB 8) )

Greetings from Bosphorus

Tayfun
There are 10 types of people on the world
Those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:30 pm

Great story, Tgerdan! It reminds me of the time that I was playing the Allies and attacked a German stack that was threatening Bastogne with my entire air force. I didn't destroy a single combat unit, but I managed to completely wipe out all the Supplies and stop the attack in its tracks.

If I may, from your story and pictures I can see that there are a few things in the rules that you may not have quite right. First of all, the Axis wins the game immediately when they achieve 24 Victory Points. Second, each hex attacks independently, one at a time. So, you should have attacked Ortheuville with 3 separate attacks of 3, 23 and 4 dice. Finally, the Germans have 4 Artillery in Bastogne. There is a stacking limit of 3 Artillery per hex.

I hope these pointers will help you get even more enjoyment out of the game!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 am

:lol: Thanks Krieghund... and thanks tgerdan...

tgerdan

Post by tgerdan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 am

Krieghund wrote: If I may, from your story and pictures I can see that there are a few things in the rules that you may not have quite right. First of all, the Axis wins the game immediately when they achieve 24 Victory Points.
Well that's something that Kerem and I have also discussed about. We thought that Axis must reach+25.. Now we know, thanks Kriegshund
Krieghund wrote:Second, each hex attacks independently, one at a time. So, you should have attacked Ortheuville with 3 separate attacks of 3, 23 and 4 dice.
Well that's a big one. This will deffinately change some conditions over the game. Thanks again.
Krieghund wrote:Finally, the Germans have 4 Artillery in Bastogne. There is a stacking limit of 3 Artillery per hex.
This one is something that we know. But I guess, after several hours (and several bottles of beer perhaps :roll: ) we somehow missed that.
Krieghund wrote:I hope these pointers will help you get even more enjoyment out of the game!
That's for sure. Thanks a lot..

But the rulebook could have been a bit more definitive, I have to say.

Tayfun
There are 10 types of people on the world
Those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:34 pm

:roll: