Yet another Trucking Question..

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
The_Doetzel

Yet another Trucking Question..

Post by The_Doetzel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:57 am

If my truck is in enemy ZOC and I cant move it off the board at the begining of the movement phase,

1 - can I move it around the board to move guys and tokens that are already on the board?
2 - Can I drive it off the board at the end of the movement phase?
3 - or do I have to move it out of ZOC then wait till the next movement phase to move it off the board?

Also Do units have to pay a supply token to be picked up from on the board to be moved elsewear on the board?

The reason Im asking is because when planes come into play it makes it hard to defend your trucks. You dont want them in the open so you put them on the front lines with units to help with AA fire, but in my understanding you still have to move them into the open for a turn before they can return to the off board to pick up reinforcements.

Thanks for the help in advance..

ps
my friends and I love the game, cant stop playing it...

The_Doetzel

Post by The_Doetzel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:06 am

I just found the FAQ and it answered most of my questions. Im still wondering about questions 2 and 3.

Krieghund

Re: Yet another Trucking Question..

Post by Krieghund » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:58 am

The_Doetzel wrote:2 - Can I drive it off the board at the end of the movement phase?
3 - or do I have to move it out of ZOC then wait till the next movement phase to move it off the board?
Once they are on the board, the only time Trucks may leave it is at the beginning of the Movement and Reinforcement phase. Therefore, you would have to wait until the next turn.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Frimmel

Post by Frimmel » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:54 am

The other thing is that if a unit starts its move in enemy ZOC it must stop after one hex.

If your truck couldn't be returned automatically at start of movement it will probably only be able to move off the frontline during movement.