Control of City

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
Jackal

Control of City

Post by Jackal » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Im a bit confused about city control if i read the faq on the top of this page it says:

Q. What exactly determines who controls a city hex? Does a player gain control immediately when his or her units enter the hex?
Control of a city hex is determined by the position of the front line. If it is on the Allied side of the line, it is controlled by the Allies. If it is on the Axis side of the line it is controlled by the Axis.

When i read the manual on page 22 it says:

However, the Axis doesn't claim the hex to the north/east of Bastogne, because it contains an Allied-controlled Supply token and it's an Allied city that has yet to be occupied by an axis unit.

If u look at the "After" picture at page 22 from the manual, would the city be German without the supply token or not?

Krieghund

Re: Control of City

Post by Krieghund » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:34 pm

No, it would not. Cities cannot be claimed unless combat units are moved into them. Since no German combat units are in the city when the Front Lines are adjusted, the Front Line remains where it is and the city remains under Allied control. If there were German combat units in the hex, the Front Line would move and Germany would gain control of the city.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Jackal

Re: Control of City

Post by Jackal » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:59 pm

thank you for the quick answer.

Sorry for the dumb questioni just wasnt sure about the answer. I have been trying too understand the rules today hehe :)

greets,

Stefan