Tank behind enemy lines.

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
Post Reply
Jackal
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 7:35 am

Tank behind enemy lines.

Post by Jackal » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:11 am

There is a thing bugging me let me give an example below:

Let's say i have 1 tank in a hex connected too a road.
I drive far across map and capture a city there, thereby not being in a ZOC of the enemy ofcourse.
1. Do i have too pay a supply token for this movement?
2. Do i have too stop movement in city hexes? Let's say i come across an empty city on the road before i reach the city i wanted to go?
3. Let's say the allies attack the city i have this 1 tank in it . Does this mean if the dice only rolls 1 time 1-6 my tank is retreated but since its far behind enemy lines its destroyed?
4. With 2 dice rolled 1-6 my tank is destroyed?
5. Because theres only 1 unit in the hex (the tank) a roll of 1-6 is a hit or am i really wrong now with the rules?

User avatar
Krieghund
Posts: 2664
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Tank behind enemy lines.

Post by Krieghund » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 am

Jackal wrote:1. Do i have too pay a supply token for this movement?
Yes. All combat unit movement must be paid for, except bringing reinforcements onto the board.
Jackal wrote:2. Do i have too stop movement in city hexes? Let's say i come across an empty city on the road before i reach the city i wanted to go?
You must stop when you enter an enemy-controlled city hex. You can pass through your own cities.
Jackal wrote:3. Let's say the allies attack the city i have this 1 tank in it . Does this mean if the dice only rolls 1 time 1-6 my tank is retreated but since its far behind enemy lines its destroyed?
Your Tank is retreated, but the Front Line markers have no affect on retreats. Only enemy zones of control do. If there are no enemy units blocking it, you can even reatreat forward across the Front Line. If no retreat is possible due to zones of control, your Tank will be destroyed.

However, if the Allies are attacking, your Tank isn't behind enemy lines. Movement occurs after combat. By the time combat comes around again the Front Line markers will have been updated, giving you control of the city. But, if Allied units moved to cut your Tank off, it is possible that it is in a "pocket" of territory that you control, surrounded by enemy-controlled territory.
Jackal wrote:4. With 2 dice rolled 1-6 my tank is destroyed?
Yes.
Jackal wrote:5. Because theres only 1 unit in the hex (the tank) a roll of 1-6 is a hit or am i really wrong now with the rules?
1-6 is always a hit. It's just a question of what is hit. Since your Tank is the only unit in the hex, all hits will be applied to it.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Jackal
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 7:35 am

Re: Tank behind enemy lines.

Post by Jackal » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 pm

Thank you again for the answers Krieghund. Me and a friend just reached turn 5 of the game its really a great game too play:)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest