A supply token question

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
Jackal

A supply token question

Post by Jackal » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 am

Hello again Krieghund.
First i wanna thank you for answering my questions i think i figured most of it out now because of you and the faq ofcourse.
I came across an issue which im unsure of yet:

Let's say im the Allies and im attacking a German Hex with 2 infantry in it and 5 supply tokens. After combat is resolved there are 3 remaing supply tokens and the infantry is destroyed/retreated. Then comes movement phase.
Since Germany have the first movement can they still use the 3 supply tokens left in this hex too move other troops in adjacent hexes?

I hope this is my last question about the rules sorry too disturb you with it and thanks in advance for ur answer!

Krieghund

Re: A supply token question

Post by Krieghund » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:14 pm

No. You can only use Supplies that are on your side of the front line. You'll be able to use them after you move into the hex and the front line is adjusted (on your next turn).

You're not disturbing me in the least. Helping people is what I'm here for!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Sparkr

Post by Sparkr » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Regarding the last response that says that the tokens remaining in a hex after the owning units have re-treated cannot be used by either the retreated units or other friendly units in an adjoining hex. Since the movement phase starts with the Axis, you're saying they need other supply tokens to activate movement back into this hex before they can be once again used. So, they are neutralized as far as their use until either the Axis moves back or Allies move in and commandeer.

I am new to this game and have found your posts very helpful in making sense of the rules book. I do wonder if there is any sort of book or example companion that does a better job of demonstrating at least one full turn. Thank you again for your posts which are the best source I've found for making better sense of the rules.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:17 am

Welcome, Sparkr!

I'm certainly glad that you've responded to this thread, because my original response was incorrect! :oops: :oops: :oops: I must have misread the original post when I answered, because Germany can indeed still use the Supply tokens for units in adjacent hexes.

I must have been thinking that the same side that was doing the attacking was then trying to use the Supplies for movement, because that's the only way that my answer makes sense. Since it was actually the Allies making the attack, and then Germany using the Supplies to move, the Supplies would be on the Axis side of the front line during the Movement & Reinforcement phase and therefore still available for German use. My apologies to Jackal (and everyone else) for not paying appropriate attention to the question before providing an answer.

To my knowledge, there are no other sources of information on this game beyond the Rulebook and FAQ.

Sparkr

Post by Sparkr » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Thank you for that clarification. One other question. In the reinforcement phase can an off board truck drop loaded units in a hex and then another empty truck pickup and move some of those units to another hex (using a supply token for the additional movement)?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:38 pm

No. Units may not be activated for movement more than once per turn.