Combat & Movement Questions

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
mikecarey

Combat & Movement Questions

Post by mikecarey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Few Questions:

Can you blitz tanks in the attack phase to bolster an attack from an adjacent hex? In other words, can tanks come from 1 hex back during attack phase?

What is the proper Movement if you attack a hex from 2 different hexes (the first hex didn't finish the job) - do you move in the units from the hex that won the battle or can you move in units from both hexes?

Can a truck make more than one "drop-off"? Or once you use it to run out supplies/reinforcements and they drop-off, does the truck just wait/stay there in the drop-off hex?

Thanks for your help - my son and I are really enjoying this game/concept of play.
Mike

Krieghund

Re: Combat & Movement Questions

Post by Krieghund » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 am

mikecarey wrote:Can you blitz tanks in the attack phase to bolster an attack from an adjacent hex? In other words, can tanks come from 1 hex back during attack phase?
No. The only pieces that move in the Ground Combat phase are retreating ones.
mikecarey wrote:What is the proper Movement if you attack a hex from 2 different hexes (the first hex didn't finish the job) - do you move in the units from the hex that won the battle or can you move in units from both hexes?
You can move in any units that you like, but they move in the Movement & Reinforcement phase, not the Ground Combat phase.
mikecarey wrote:Can a truck make more than one "drop-off"? Or once you use it to run out supplies/reinforcements and they drop-off, does the truck just wait/stay there in the drop-off hex?
Trucks may not drop off anything until they stop moving, at which point they drop off all of their cargo in that hex.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

mikecarey

Re: Combat & Movement Questions

Post by mikecarey » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks for your help!