Air Combat

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
Jackal

Air Combat

Post by Jackal » Sun May 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Hello Krieghund,
I got a a couple of questions regarding Air Combat Phase.

On page 13 of the manual you see an anti aircaft example where the 4 counts as a miss. Shouldnt you count from the first aircraft again?

Do you have too roll twice in Dogfight? Once too hit and the second too assign the hits?

Do you have too roll twice in Anti-Aircraft fire? Once too hit and the second too assign the hits?

Do you have too roll twice in Aircraft attack? Once too hit and the second too assign the hits?

Do you have too roll twice with more then 6 defending units?

Does 1-6 count as a hit in all Air Combat? (Dogfighting, AA and Aircraft Attack)

From my understanding you have too roll twice, only when you have more then 12 dices first roll for the hits and second roll for allocating hits , is this true?

Since there is only 12 enemy planes max, how can you ever hit the bombers? When there are more then 6 fighters you cannot hit higher then 6 unless you have too roll twice.. this seems wrongly played by us, or not?

Krieghund

Re: Air Combat

Post by Krieghund » Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Jackal wrote:On page 13 of the manual you see an anti aircaft example where the 4 counts as a miss. Shouldnt you count from the first aircraft again?
Yes. The manual is incorrect. See the FAQ.
Jackal wrote:Do you have too roll twice in Dogfight? Once too hit and the second too assign the hits?

Do you have too roll twice in Anti-Aircraft fire? Once too hit and the second too assign the hits?

Do you have too roll twice in Aircraft attack? Once too hit and the second too assign the hits?

Do you have too roll twice with more then 6 defending units?
It works the same in all combat. If there are six units or less, you apply the hits as rolled. If there are more, you reroll the hits and apply the second roll.
Jackal wrote:Does 1-6 count as a hit in all Air Combat? (Dogfighting, AA and Aircraft Attack)
Yes.
Jackal wrote:From my understanding you have too roll twice, only when you have more then 12 dices first roll for the hits and second roll for allocating hits , is this true?
Yes.
Jackal wrote:Since there is only 12 enemy planes max, how can you ever hit the bombers? When there are more then 6 fighters you cannot hit higher then 6 unless you have too roll twice.. this seems wrongly played by us, or not?
You roll again if there are more than six.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 am

Thx Krieghund

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 am

So you have too roll Twice with more then 6 defending units and with more then 12 dices? I thought only the 12 dices.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon May 24, 2010 9:31 am

Only the number of defending units matters. The number of attack dice rolled doesn't matter at all.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

mcdull

Post by mcdull » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:27 am

I got the answer to the question I want to ask, thanks
Nothing is impossible when we're equiped well with gw2 gold.