Game Component Review

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
captainzlog

Extra pieces

Post by captainzlog » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:15 pm

I just received this game as a Valentine's present after the great success of Mrs. Santa bringing the D-Day game :D
Have not had chance to play it yet, because the first thing to do was give the pieces a makeover, as I did with my D-Day set. Nice to see the Panther model is greatly improved and looks even better with a coat of camo, but if I thought the Brits were cold wearing shorts in Normandy, they must be frozen solid wearing them in the Ardennes! :shock: Thankfully there's only four pieces that are quickly fixed with glue and paint. The Germans got a greenish-gray spray job last night and I finished detailing their equipment this morning, while the UK artillery pieces have been altered to look more like the British 25 pounders.

The extra pieces? All I got was an airplane; a Brown one that looks vaguely Soviet.......

captainzlog

British Tanks?

Post by captainzlog » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 pm

I just looked again at the photos here - those tank tanks look one heck of a lot like British Cromwells to me. As there are only Shermans in my BoB set is this a mistake?
:o
Inquiring minds wish to know..........

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Those photos are of ElbowMaster's customized pieces. The UK tanks that come with the game are Shermans.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

captainzlog

Cromwells

Post by captainzlog » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:33 pm

OK Thanks; any idea where I could get some? They look really good!