Question on blitzing

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
burrie

Question on blitzing

Post by burrie » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:50 am

My tank movement stops if I enter an enemy city during movement phase. Can I pay an extra token to blitz to move on and go beyond the enemy city?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:39 am

No. You pay to move the tanks one extra hex into or thru ZOC regardless of where that takes you. If you happen to blow a huge hole in the enemy line the most your gonna get is only to the next city connected by a road that was owned by the enemy. It does not allow you to "fan out" and take the map over just because you have no enemy units in front of you.
Last edited by Imperious leader on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:49 am

On page 10 of the Operations Manual it says, "This allows [tanks] to make one extra move of 1 hex after they finish their normal move, either on-road or off-road, and either in or out of the enemy zone of control." There is nothing here or anywhere else in the rules that I can find to prohibit a blitz movement from occuring after entering an enemy-controlled city. If the intent was for blitz movement to not apply under this circumstance, perhaps Larry will enlighten us?
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Kreig its in the rules... page 19 top line. All enemy units entering an enemy controlled city stop movement. Thus you cannot "fan " out and win the game in one turn.[/code][/u]
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

burrie

Post by burrie » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:22 pm

It makes sense they can't blitz after being in an enemy city. I have tried to play this game (with allowing the city blitzing) twice (solo) and both times the Axis won in 4 turns. I also noticed somebody else on this board who finished his game in 4 turns with the Axis being victorous. I can imagine he probably allowed the city blitzing as well.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:27 pm

It would be a much different game if the german could blitz units all the way to Namur and take all the roads. It would render the game unplayable.

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:45 pm

A blitz is ... making one more move after you would normaly have to stop moving. Stop a city and move one more hex./

burrie

Post by burrie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:05 am

Well here we go Imperious Leader it is, according to Larry, allowed. I have been thinking about this a little bit more and you can't go to far with you blitzing tank because you will just end up in the next city. Also, you will be sitting there like a lame duck since you will have no supply tokens to attack and/or move.