Question on blitzing

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:14 am

we are talking about two different things. The rule says specifically that if for example you broke the allied lines open and were able to somehow move your army all over the map. Page 19 says you are stuck in the first city that was controlled by the allies. Thus you cannot move all over the map.Your trucks and tanks regardless of supply chits used or not at most will move to the next city.

Larry is talking about the blitz move made by tanks that find their way in enemy ZOC. with the extra chit paied you can move the tanks one extra hex into or out of ZOC.

similiar ideas but one relates to a scenario where the allies have no units and you have to stop and the second is where your forces are dealing with enemy ZOC.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:56 am

Once again, on page 10 of the Operations Manual it says, "This allows [tanks] to make one extra move of 1 hex after they finish their normal move, either on-road or off-road, and either in or out of the enemy zone of control."

It says "either in or out of the enemy zone of control", not "either into or out of of the enemy zone of control". The former indicates that whether or not the tank is in a ZoC is irrelevant. The latter would indicate that a ZoC must be involved. As Larry has said, the intent of the rule is to allow tanks to move one extra hex beyond their normal movement, no matter where they are.

Also, I am wondering if you haven't missed the "of 1 hex" in the rule. Are you allowing blitzing tanks to make another full move? Just checking.

Larry, can you pay 2 supply tokens to let a tank move 2 extra hexes? I don't think so, but the rules don't specifically limit tanks to 1 blitz move per turn.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:30 pm

No - not two. A blitzed tank, Identified as such by being in a hex that has consumed an additional supply token, can move an additional hex beyond what would normally have forced the ending of its movment.
Enter an enemy town and move one more hex
Entern an enemy ZOC and move one more hex
Leave a ZOC and enter a hex and then move one more hex

Jackal

Re:

Post by Jackal » Mon May 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Larry wrote:No - not two. A blitzed tank, Identified as such by being in a hex that has consumed an additional supply token, can move an additional hex beyond what would normally have forced the ending of its movment.
Enter an enemy town and move one more hex
Entern an enemy ZOC and move one more hex
Leave a ZOC and enter a hex and then move one more hex
Does this mean a tank can blitz through a hex containing enemy units? and with enemy units i mean lets say tank, artillery or infantry!

I always thought a tank couldnt move into a hex containing enemy units, also with blitzing.

Imperious leader

Re: Question on blitzing

Post by Imperious leader » Mon May 28, 2012 5:32 pm

6 years latter... seriously?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Re: Re:

Post by Krieghund » Mon May 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Jackal wrote:Does this mean a tank can blitz through a hex containing enemy units?
No, it does not.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok